photobucket

Zaad

Guys,

Pardon my ignorance but I have no experience with this, have only been using it since two weeks or so. I had pics stored in this bucket but now they're gone. EMPTY! Is it standard procedure? Emptying all accounts or did I run out of luck?

Thanks!

Nah she wouldn't do that to me Limbo :)

Guys thanks, ok, at least I know it wasn't the weekly garbage disposal team :) I'll put some fresh ones in there later today :up:

Soongmakske,

Any recommendations for other similar sites? Thanks!

Zaad said:

Nah she wouldn't do that to me Limbo :)

Guys thanks, ok, at least I know it wasn't the weekly garbage disposal team :) I'll put some fresh ones in there later today :up:

Soongmakske,

Any recommendations for other similar sites? Thanks!

It deepends if you need to 'hotlink' to other sites with your pictures........ say avatars.

If not and you just need a place to store them and let people have alook, there are lots of places. Yahoo has pretty good storage.

But 'hotlinking' to the web is a different kettle of fish. If you want ppics to dislay somewhere as an avatar, or for ebay, then the free choices are more limited. Lots of Pay 4 Stay though. :neener:

PS, I have a private site that you could use depending on how much you need to store. PM me.

My dear Commander LH,

It's not the end of the world for me, thanks anyway :)

I use the pics mainly as avatars on this site. If I encounter more problems I'll simply return to other sites which support hotlinking. Plenty of those around as well.

I don't wish to waste much time on this. Somebody metioned photobucket so I gave it a quick try.

I found this anouncement on the Photobucket forum:

Photobucket Problems...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Friday Oct 1st 8:00 AM MST

All the albums have been recreated and everybody should be able to login now. If your album is empty, you were one of the people effected by the loss and you will need to re-upload your pictures.

Unfortunately Photobucket.com has suffered a catastrophic raid failure. This morning the same array that had been giving us problems earlier, crashed. We use Raid 5 on everything but the logical volume was corrupt and unrecoverable. We are rebuilding the disk now and then will recreate all of the albums which should be done late tonite. You will need to re-upload your pictures. If you had a paid account, we will refund your money or add 3 months to your subscription end date, whichever you prefer. This is a sad day for all of us here at Photobucket.com. The albums effected were V's v465-v499. We are truly sorry to those that lost their albums.

The Photobucket Team

Yep, I am screwed here. My album was V467. ::

Oh well, will upload again tomorrow. :)

Archived