Lek Hotel

Zorro

Another board member and I stayed there for one night about 3 years ago. In the old section. Even though since I have heard better reports we thought it was HORRIBLE. Not only the 20 year foam mattresses, tattered decor, but the service ppl were the most unfriendly I have encountered in LOS in 10 years. And the buffet was likewise. But then again it was the old section and 3 yrs ago :( I'd stay at the Flipper. MHO.

I've stayed there 2 or 3 nights both last year and this year in the new rooms. Good rooms, so-so value, good location. Didn't try the food, but buffet always looks busy. Guest friendly, but "guests" must leave ID at the desk. I don't care if the staff is particularly chummy. I found the staff helpful when I needed help. They finally lined the curtains so they are now of the "dark out" variety. Standard new room is a bit small for my taste, but not exceedingly so. I took a look at the Dynasty across the soi. Rooms are somewhat bigger and maybe 2 years newer. 1000 baht for the new rooms at the LEK is not bad. I think the larger ones are 1400 and not good value.

PSILVERS here...

I was quite impressed with the new part of the Lek hotel and would highly recommend it! Good value for the money. The service and atmosphere seems much better than any of the other places that I have stayed in that area.

I have referred a number of friends there and everyone has been very happy.

PSILVERS

Maybe look at the Areca Lodge, rather than the Lek Hotel.

A fairly new place (abt 2-years old and they also have a newer section), all with well appointed rooms; they have pool and it's quiet yet convenient to everything. Located on Soi Diana, about 150-meters from 2nd Rd, towards Soi BuaKhao. Current prices are 970-Bt or 1070-Bt if by the pool. ABF included. www.arecalodge.com info@arecalodge.com 038-410-123

There was a gruesome looking murder/suicide??? There the other week, 2 bar girls involved and one dead young farung. they showed it on tv here in pattaya, the room was a write off, blood everywhere

Archived