Bye-Bye Pattaya Nightlife

Wasn't sure if this goes here or in Nightlife, but I just heard a NEWS report on the radio, so I chose here.

All you who are moving camp to Pattaya to escape the Bangkok crackdowns might want to wait a spell. There was a raid early this morning a bar, according to the radio, in Pattaya. The bar was not named. The bar was operating after legal hours, and Thais and farangs alike were caught openingly consumong a variety of drugs. That's all that was said. The radio report was on the 5:00 p.m. news.

They were raided because they were operating after hours. The drug bust was just a bonus find.

But I'm sure all of those Pattaya bars closing on time will have nothing to worry about, uh huh.

Anyway, drugs or no drugs, that they've targeted one bar for operating after legal closing hours makes me wonder if this is the start of a campaign against the Pattaya establishments. Not that I care about Pattaya, I think it's a hole, but so many people have started thinking about moving their sanuking to there because of perceived laxness by the authorities. Might wait and watch for a while.

Archived