Crackdown Report: Chiang Mai

Chanchao

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the scene in CM has definately changed in the past few years. I go back to the time when the location of John's place was the original Cozy Corner. (Just for interest Somchai who owns John's Place has a twin brother, Vinai, who owns Cosmo on Patpong 2. Very confusing when both are in town.)

The Bar Beer was definately the hot spot at one time, then became Katoey headquarters, then got cleaned up and died ! Oh bring back the sleeze. I've owned a couple of bars in CM and still consider it my "home". The recent change in tourism has spelled the deathnell for true sanukers in CM. Yes you can have lots of fun yet, but the selection is minimal. If you are a Thai speaker and know your way around, there are lots of great places that I have been taken by friends, but couldn't possibly describe the locations.

In CM today you better have a Hill Tribe Tour company or better still a cooking school. All the couples (many with chidren) seem to prefer that. No doubt it is good for them and perhaps for CM, it just is not the place it was 10 or 5 years ago.

So where do we go next?

quote:

Originally posted by LaoHuLi:

In CM today you better have a Hill Tribe Tour company or better still a cooking school. All the couples (many with chidren) seem to prefer that. No doubt it is good for them and perhaps for CM, it just is not the place it was 10 or 5 years ago.

So where do we go next?

Good Ol' Pattaya?

Archived