Crackdown Report: Chiang Mai

Chanchao

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

I guess my grey opinion of Spotlight is due to the fact that I had good times there, years ago, before they had the gogo room, and every time i've been there lately, i try to beat the record of staying the longest before any girl comes to talk to me. record is 2 hours and 20 minutes so far, can do better, i think. LOL.

That's pretty good, but let's agree that the old hag Mali doesn't count. smile.gif" border="0 She can be an incredible pain if you don't completely ignore her from the start.

By the way, have you tried communicating with them? Try smiling while saying "Hello" to a girl you like. This has been known to work pretty good you know. Or walk over to the dark corner next to the door and break off a bunch of match sticks and tell them that the girl who draws the longest can go order a lady drink. :-) Little gimmicks get people going, especially on slow nights (most nights frown.gif" border="0

I think I've been going too long without barfining from that place, it kind of takes the excitement/prospect out of it for the girls as well. Then a bunch of girls I knew very well left the place, so I think I will have to start putting things right by barfining a few. This is difficult because I don't like the more professional ones everyone else lusts after (Mook, Nan come to mind) but then there are a bunch of total dogs I can't even look at, and or girls who've just been there too long (Eed, Kaew)so the excitement isn't quite there anymore. Perhaps go for the middle ground like Phat, Raem or Noot/Rin, or the big tall girl who looks as if she may be the one of the few girls actually from Chiang Mai, along with the waitress/hello girl (forgot her name) who's the only ISO9002 certified class A stunner in there in my opinion. smile.gif" border="0

The only problem is that as a local resident, if you barfine from spotlight, you might as well put it in the Chiang Mai News newspaper cause everybody and his dog are going to know about it before dawn.

>Ah! too long ago, probably... How about

>Sujarit Srithep (Tim), do you know her?

Nope.. I've only been here since late 1995 or so, with my first 6 month trip in 1994.

Cheers,

Chanchao

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Alfalfa:

Went up to the summit of Doi Pui mountain yesterday on my rented 100cc Moped and got lost in the jungle on some steep muddy 4x4 road. Eventually found my way out on the other side of the mountain with the help of some very friendly hilltribe farmers. Quite an adventure but I would not recommend it to everyone (especially during Poppy season). Some of the remote backcountry valleys are spectacular though.

Yup.. Yesterday I talked to a middle aged lady who runs a mountain bike shop ("Velocity", in between Rim Ping Superstore and the Novotel on Chotana road) and she just did that same trip all BY BICYCLE!!! I was very impressed. She took the road down where you end up near the Huay Thueng Thao reservoir near the Canal Road in Mae Rim district. There's also a longer way over the hill past the royal project where you end up somewhere in the Mae Sa Valley in between Mae Rim and Samoeng. Did that once in a landrover and it was scary, especially the first part past the royal project.

Cheers,

Chanchao

quote:

Originally posted by Chanchao:

By the way, have you tried communicating with them? Try smiling while saying "Hello" to a girl you like. This has been known to work pretty good you know. Or walk over to the dark corner next to the door and break off a bunch of match sticks and tell them that the girl who draws the longest can go order a lady drink. :-) Little gimmicks get people going, especially on slow nights

Chanchao

(LOL) That would have been cheating!!!! for the record to enter the Guinness book, must apply same rule as in BKK and Pattaya: be a man. The day i can go 2 hours unapproached in a Pattaya gogo/bar, it means the city's been nuked!

quote:

The one next to the Downtown in is called "Bunny Club"

How long has the Bunny Club been there? I stayed at the Downtown Inn 3 nights last August. I did'nt see it then. Also, do you by any chance know if Mam is still working at Spotlight? I think her number was 48 but I'm not sure. We exchanged emails for a while but they stopped suddenly without any explanation.

quote:

A drive around town revealed that the singalong restaurants are open, where old Thai uncles buy garlands for girls singing and dancing (well..) on stage in very short skirts. Could be an interesting alternative, girls are far far prettier than in the farang bars anyway.

Cheers,

Chanchao[/QB]

Has anyone ever taken a girl out from one of these restaurants with the stage shows? Is it possible to do this? I once saw a girl I liked at the restaurant/stage show at the President Hotel, and got her to come sit with me. In the course of our conversation she told me that men sometimes try to touch her when she comes and sits with them, and that she doesn't like that! I ended up with an inflated bill for the food she ordered and had to tip her for sitting with me. Never asked her to do anything more. Wouldn't do it again.

Chanchao-

I once took the "road" past the Royal Project on a motorcycle and emerged on the Mae Sa road. You're right about the part just past the Royal Project. Suddenly the track is all large stones, and even on a dirt bike it was an adventure. Later I found a map that showed the road as a dead end at the Royal Project, and I can see why. The track to Huai Terng Tao is much better.

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

(LOL) That would have been cheating!!!! for the record to enter the Guinness book, must apply same rule as in BKK and Pattaya: be a man. The day i can go 2 hours unapproached in a Pattaya gogo/bar, it means the city's been nuked!

Allright, howabout a real challenge: longer than 5 seconds in Soi Yodsak!!!

(Sigh.., I really need a Pattaya trip.. think I may be going there this weekend)

Cheers,

Chanchao

quote:

Originally posted by GWillie:

How long has the Bunny Club been there? I stayed at the Downtown Inn 3 nights last August. I did'nt see it then. Also, do you by any chance know if Mam is still working at Spotlight?

I remember the name yes, not quite sure what face (or body) to put to her. smile.gif" border="0 Would she be the tall one who dances like a Duracell Bunny? In that case she's still there, after having been away for a really long time (abroad perhaps). If she's the Mam who's kinda short and a tad on the chubby side then she's not there anymore. smile.gif" border="0

You're rihght that Bunny Club was only in operation for half a year or so, perhaps as long as November last year. It's where the old Il Colosseo restaurant used to be.

Cheers,

Chanchao

quote:

Originally posted by bungie6:

Has anyone ever taken a girl out from one of these restaurants with the stage shows? Is it possible to do this? I once saw a girl I liked at the restaurant/stage show at the President Hotel, and got her to come sit with me. In the course of our conversation she told me that men sometimes try to touch her when she comes and sits with them, and that she doesn't like that! I ended up with an inflated bill for the food she ordered and had to tip her for sitting with me. Never asked her to do anything more. Wouldn't do it again.

I had better experiences at another place. First of all the food was excellent and not all that expensive. The place I went to we sat down with three girls who were pretty modest with their drinks; sometimes they'll drink with you whatever you're having which I guess works best if you get a bottle like most Thais do, but they also have big bottles of beer, or girs may opt for coffee or orange juice which still cost about half the price of a lady drink in the farang bars.

Anyway, the girl I talked to said you can't buy people out at that particular place, and that not all girls will go with customers for various reasons, but some do: The place closed fairly early back then (1 am or so?) and you could then take girls out to discos or karaokes after that time (no barfine, it's up to the girls). Considering very few farangs go to these places I would not attempt to take one straight to your hotel but just go along and enjoy the experience, then see where it leads.

The place I describe above is called "Erawan" on the Superhighway (turn left at Khuang Singh intersection (Chotana Rd), then you see it on the left side before you reach Wat Jed Yod.

Thai friends tell me that some of these places are pretty close to gogo bars; get a girl and take her to a short time hotel. smile.gif" border="0

I know the President Hotel you mention (on the road from Sriphoom Corner towards the river.) More money seems to hang from the garlands there. Always made me wonder if perhaps their own staff would put garlands full of money on girls to up the price.. smile.gif" border="0 They do have a small massage parlour as well though, entrance next to the reception desk.

In the soi opposite the President Hotel is an interesting upstairs Karaoke Lounge with scantly clad girls. I was a bit too tired and intoxicated at the time to completely figure it out, but if the 1 am crackdown continues and I'm without a girl and without plans to go home then I'll check it out again.

Because of this damned crackdown it's so hard to get rid of girls wanting to tag along at 1 am!!! Darn. :p

Cheers,

Chanchao

[ August 21, 2001: Message edited by: Chanchao ]

Archived