Helping Thai Sex Workers in Japan by Thai Embassy

jasmine

PS. Did you shag many Thai hookers while you were in Japan, or were you stationed out in the boonies somewhere?

Let's just say that I have fond memories of my time in Tokyo (late 90's) ::.

The scene in Thailand is more open but IMO it actually pales in comparison to what's on offer in Japan if you've got the cash and someone to help get you in the door the first couple of times.

Fond memories indeed! :beer:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jack, squire, you have been nailing every point and rebuttal like clockwork on this thread. A joy to read and behold. Tighter than Fast Eddie, Lemmy and Philty ever were - including the infamous West Runton gigs. And then you slip up with this question: Did you shag many Thai hookers while you were in Japan, or were you stationed out in the boonies somewhere?... Tsk tsk :nono: one can be in the Booniest of Boonies in Little Japan and find 3 things: (1) A vending machine (2) Pachinko and (3) An establishment that has Filipino or Eastern European or Thai lasses available as evidenced by a memorable weekend last February in the inaka known as Takada, somewhere up north, right off the coast? :hubba: :applause:

TA ? I may not agree with your Googling and I think being on Japanese ground here today is source Numero Uno for fact check but your statement is very true: The scene in Thailand is more open but IMO it actually pales in comparison to what's on offer in Japan if you've got the cash and someone to help get you in the door the first couple of times. I would go one step further and say cash is not even a necessary commodity to have fun here. Enough Gaijin "charisma-men" pretending to be Rod Stewart and having loads of success without a bucket of yen at their disposal.

Sheesh, aren't there enough Thai prostitutes globally so that singling out Japan is a bit of a reach?!? :doah: Therefore I propose we have a gathering of the Tokyo members in order to take the beer, profess ignorance in the face of embarrassment, drink some more and then go to Shinjuku and fuck a gaggle of Thai hookers? FJ, when will you be in the vicinity of the Hob-o-goblin next? I'll summon Roppongi-san and the boyz! ::

>Therefore I propose we have a gathering of the Tokyo members in order to take the beer, profess ignorance in the face of embarrassment, drink some more and then go to Shinjuku and fuck a gaggle of Thai hookers? FJ, when will you be in the vicinity of the Hob-o-goblin next? I'll summon Roppongi-san and the boyz!

Count me in, it's been what, 6-7 months since last meeting?

[color:"red"]She let slip in a recent post that she's in her 50s, so she could well be a right clapped-out old banger to whom the appellation "sweetheart" ought rightly not to be appended.

[/color]

Not a slip about my age dear Jack. I am quite proud of my age and what I have accomplished :D

You can call me "Sweetheart", just don't get carried away on sexual appraoch like you "slipped" once, ok? :)

Jasmine

If women are tricked or coerced into the trade, it is reprehensible. If it is consensual, than it is not.

OK, but what I really wanted to comment on where the numbers you provided:

Year Quantity

1986-1998 1,486

1999 21

2000 19

2001 30

2002 33

2003 30

This means that before 1999, an average of slightly more than 114 woman per year were helped, but starting in 1999 the average is significantly lower. The data here is pretty general (there may have been spikes in valley in the 1986 - 1998 period), but still, what changed starting in 1999?

Gadfly1 said:

This means that before 1999, an average of slightly more than 114 woman per year were helped, but starting in 1999 the average is significantly lower. The data here is pretty general (there may have been spikes in valley in the 1986 - 1998 period), but still, what changed starting in 1999?

Maybe after the crash many of them simply left Japan and the number of "helped" depends on the number still remaining in Japan? :dunno:

[color:"red"] This means that before 1999, an average of slightly more than 114 woman per year were helped, but starting in 1999 the average is significantly lower. The data here is pretty general (there may have been spikes in valley in the 1986 - 1998 period), but still, what changed starting in 1999?

[/color]

I don't know, the docement I copied from did not say whay there are such figures.

IMO, can it be that the people involved in the business with these women are more strict so the women could not get away? It can be likely for I recall some articles about women got killed (found bodies) when they tried to get away. In the Payow area, a couple of articles I read, stated that many families had not heard from their daughters for 5 years or longer, assuming that they are dead.

The figures state only the number that the Embassy has helped not how many the quantity of the women in such profession.

Now mind you, there are such cases in other countries too. The latest was 2 years ago in Canada. 2 women got away from a place which forced them into prostitution, saying that there were 2 more Thai women there. By the time the police got there, there were no Thais left. Contacting one of the women families in Thailand, the police were informed that she had not been heard from for over 3 years.

Most of these women's passports are taken from them from the beginning and most of them cannot speak the native lingo. I have always felt that these women are very brave to venture out, I would have been scared to death.

I had a scholarship to go to France and knowing my French was mediocre, I did not go, choosing the States instead. And these women who barely can write and read Thai well (not all of them ok?) dare to leave Thailand, I simply admire their guts. ::

Jasmine

jasmine said:

And these women who barely can write and read Thai well (not all of them ok?) dare to leave Thailand, I simply admire their guts. ::

Jasmine

Guts? What guts a clueless girl might have?

Total ignorance what might happen there and pure "money call".

That may explain the very low number who turned to their homeland's Embassy.

When my gf had an offer to go to Singapore, the "broker" said - "first 80 men are mine" - meaning she'll have to fuck but no money for her.

She understood it's not BKK and fun with coworkers and refused. Shallow but what are the girls who accept that?

In the bkk post about six months ago was an article summarizing up the plight of thai women who are taken to japan via the marriage route and the difficulties with their japenese husbands and their culture.

I believe they put the number of thai females living there at around 50K which probably includes hookers who were taken over by runners (i know one guy who does this for his living) but most being taken over by their japanese husbands only to have big relationship problems like what the hell can they do when their marriage ends. I will assume the vast majority of these girls worked the bar scene so background wise they would be no different than the girls who are taken over to be prostitutes in the first place. I would guess there are a few legitamite relationships in how they met but these proabably the ones who need help the least(better education, more mature, possess some marketable skills, better networking abilities, more independent financial resources, more supportive families, etc)....

The gist of the story was there was no Thai human resources for these women to turn to in japan and the thai gov was trying to make some efforts to recruit thai counselors, pscyhologists, social workers, etc to bring to japan.

Whatever the thai gov does, my guess it isn't enough and they either underestimate the problem or unable to meet the needs in japan...

Cardinalblue

TypicalAnonym said:

Ask them about "baraku-min" or the Ainu sometime.

Buraku-min are descendants of the Bukkake tribe.

Most Japanese look down on their unusual facial features and are reluctant to talk about their suppression.

Long live Bukkake!

UAL, TTM, Mid November is a good time to take the beer. Let's check up with JP1.

Archived