cost of flight change?

thai3

I've never been charged for date changes, even before I was a "Frequent Flyer" and I change my return date almost every trip. Sometimes several times on the big ones.

Flying Melbourne-Bangkok-London-Bangkok-Melbourne over the course of a year on one ticket a few times, changed 2 or 3 days each time... not the original (first) departure date though.

Always done direct with Thai Air, no probs. Check the conditions of your ticket, some restrictions can apply. I've often flown budget airlines out of the UK (Ryan, Go, etc) and they seemed to have a lot of restrictions. Changes were always going to be costly there - if at all possible.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's odd my travel agent confirms it's in thai airs written rules that to change cost 100 pounds and that's why it's printed on the ticket.I asked thai girl at the airport and she said cannot change. I'm going off thai a bit never got an upgrade and never have despite having one of those vouchers it's always the wrong bloody class or you cannot use it on a full moon or on a monday. My ticket is econ class H. I might start using eva. They tell my anyway if you got upgrade cannot have the special meal, what cannot carry the meal another 15 feet? I wonder if thai air treats us differently? thai friend who goes about as often as me and who also has a silver card has often gotten upgrades without a voucher, even she claims from econ to 1st, still she is a bit of a charmer. At least the biz lounge was nice well away from the kids and people laying all over the seats, it's all ties and mobile phones in there-peter

I wonder if thai air treats us differently? thai friend who goes about as often as me and who also has a silver card has often gotten upgrades without a voucher

I don't think so, I've managed upgrades (on cheap tickets) more often than not over the past year, sometimes with vouchers and sometimes by just asking.

If possible, try and blag a Gold card. I got one by getting Thai to match my status on another airline. There's apparently an unwritten rule that Gold members are automatically upgraded as soon as economy is 90% full.

They tell my anyway if you got upgrade cannot have the special meal

It might not seem fair but I've heard that a special meal request will automatically bar you from any upgrade.

The upgrades are when more than 90% full, has to be higher than that.

Re the special meal, I too have been told when I used to order one, OH - you ordered a special meal, sorry, we can;t upgrade you then.

So I switched to not having a special meal and then I get upgrades regularly.

Odd that Thai want to charge 100 pounds, sounds ridiclous,

DOG

I found out more about it, the travel agent has been selling me 'tour' tickets whatever these are and that is why they have the charge on them. Honestly someone should writ a book about ticketing. Never heard of these before but obviously to be avoided, not really cheap either-peter

normal stuff, they just buy a block of tickets in advance for a good price and resell them ............ amazing how the cheapskates want all the lowest fares, and all the highest perks. It's like wanting front row seats for bleacher prices :banghead:

of course that wouldn't refer to any esteemed well travelled members of this board.

What it probably is is an "IT" (inclusive tour) ticket. These are supposed to be sold with accommodation included (2 or 3 days usually) in order to disguise the price of the airfare alone. Your ticket may have "IT" in the lower left corner.

You can find out the cost of the ticket only though. They say XYZ for flight and 3 days accommodation. You ask how much for 4 days accommodation. they you know the price of the accommodation. Subtract from your price and there you go.

As Bangkok has so many cheap hotels, they can get around this by selling you a ticket and not really bothering to tell you about the accommodation. It can sometimes be worthwhile say if you are in Pattaya and flying out in the morning or lunchtime from Bangkok. You can go to this cheap hotel the night before gratis as you have already paid for it.

I'll have a look thanks, they have never mentioned acc, paid the difference of 100 quid anyway now but will be more carefull in future.100 quid is cheap to see jintara sing for 30 minutes, just off to see her now and thats only 100 baht to get in!-peter

Archived