cost of flight change?

thai3

Get a gold card, or even a higher class card. Once you have the card, they treat you like a king.

I drive the airline crazy changing my tickets sometimes; they never complain.

The last set of tickets I had, I changed them 3 times. No problems and they were the type you can not change without paying. From Bangkok, they never charge me for changes. From some other countries, that is a different story.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

once when leaving Phuket i got pissed off at the check-in Girl and her antics and after seeing the crying BG looking at me i just thought fuck it.

i walked away and we got a taxi back to Patong.

the next day after i had sobered up and thought what the fuck have i done i visited my regular travel agent in Patong and re-booked my flight home.

i was told any flight was available for the next 27 Days and which one did i want?.

i stayed for another 2 Nights of drunken debauchery after booking another flight.

i was charged nothing for this service and this was with Thai.....

The actual charge was 103.75 pounds due to this 'tour ticket' which was in fact no cheaper than normal economy. Never mind it was worth every penny to see the divine one twice in one night. Next trip I am thinking of trying eva after going with thai for the last 15 times. How do eva compare to thai?-peter

I also used to fly Thai Air, but never cared much for their arrival/departure times (I realize this may be different for you since your home base is not in the USA). However, I much prefer EVA to Thai Air. My departure time from the USA is normally around midnight or 1:30 am with about a 3 hour layover in Taipei (which BTW has an excellent Evergreen Lounge if you qualify). And that?s about the right amount of time to freshen up and relax prior to the final leg to BKK and not so tight that you might miss your connection if your initial takeoff flight was delayed. The BKK arrival time is around noon, which again, I MUCH prefer to those midnight or 1 am arrivals. :down:

Also, when it comes time to return home, their BKK departures are typically around 12:30 in the afternoon which beats the hell out of getting up at 4 or 5 in the morning with a hangover :drunk: to catch those 8 am Thai Air flights like I used to do.

I?ve tried their deluxe economy class and for me it?s not worth the extra $200 - especially with airfares already sky high. I?ll stick with cattle class and spend the extra money on the girls. :) Sometimes this works out for the better too, like on my last visit when I left LAX on Friday, August 13th. The 747-400 coach section was more than half empty which I took advantage of (must be lots of superstitious people when it comes to flying on Friday the 13th). I snatched up a complete center row of 7(?) seats, folded down the arms and since it was a night flight, spent most of the long hours horizontal and cought some good nod. :sleeping: Anyway EVA works for me, but my have to look elsewhere in the future as they are becoming a bit pricey. ::

ST

[color:"green"] I snatched up a complete center row of 7(?) seats, [/color]

The center section is 4 seats across. You must have had a few beers. :drunk:

Deluxe is woth it to me, since the flights I have been on are jam packed in econ with Asians bringing on massive amounts of baggage. :nono:

If it's good enough for ST then it's good enough for me, I'll give them a go. From UK the times are almost the same both ways, I like the nightflights. Nothing worse than watching one film after another daytime to the cries of kids who hate to be sat on their arses for 12 hours!

I think thai are getting more expensive from here than Eva, unless you get a special deal. Eva is 480 which is not bad. Strangely many thais prefer Eva to thai-peter

>The center section is 4 seats across. You must have had a few beers.

Yes, you are right about the beers :) but sorry, there are more than four seats across the center section - really I wasn't that smashed! :drunk::)

Fact is the seats on most Boeing 747-400's (in cattle class) are labeled A ? K, which counting on my fingers (and toes) adds up to 11 across. A and K are obviously window seats and with three on each side leaves five down the middle. Perhaps you have your planes mixed up?

>Deluxe is woth it to me, since the flights I have been on are jam packed in econ with Asians bringing on massive amounts of baggage.

Don?t see much difference here as you are only allowed one restricted size carry on and a shoulder bag, which is the same as in deluxe economy. Also, since 911 I?ve noticed they are getting increasingly restrictive about limiting the size of your carry on?s.

ST

Archived