cost of flight change?

thai3

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats odd the travel agent told me to do it thru thai air in bkk and said it's £100 which I thought i'd check on. Did it before years ago and it was nothing like as much as that but cannot recall. Still even 100 would be well worth it for the extra night of something special (sing a song)-peter

normal resheduling, if ticket allows, is US$ 75 - 100.

FF card status may negate charges, different airlines, and agents may waive charge. Go directly to airline unless you have a regular agent with a connection.

I?ve changed my return date while in Thailand on several occasions with different airlines (including Thai Air) and there was never a fee. They charge you when you change your departure date and it?s normally about a 100 bucks, add another 50 if you are changing from a weekday to weekend. But maybe things have changed?

ST

It also can depend on what kind of ticket you have, what kind of restrictions are placed on that ticket by the airline, generally the cheaper tickets have more restrictions. So if you have a full price ticket they are unlikely to charge you. If you have a cheaper ticket there may be applicable charges. I always call the airline because they are more likely to waive the charges and if you are a FF as LHL says it is more likely they will not charge.

I regularly change my ticket, one question they seem to ask is "Can you change your ticket" Ialways relpy yes!

However I suspect if it is the absolutely cheapest (which I try and get myself) sometimes there may be restrctions, especially if your coming in high session.

Keep calling airline direct,

DOG

It partly depends upon your ticket, (some are NOT changable), but if its a normal one, its free (i.e. Thai air does not charge). Was in UK and changed a ticket back to thailand (for an earlier date...LOL), and did it through Thomas Cook. Now *they* charged me 25 pounds for the phone call (WTF!), but no extra charge by Thai air...

If you are doing it here, better to do it yourself, as again an agent here will charge you a fee (they are in it to make a living)...

-j-

If your ticket originates in the UK, then there will likely be some charge conditions attached to it unles it is business class or a fully flexible economy ticket. Tickets originating in LOS do not usually attract any change penalties.

You could feign illness. Go to the doctor and get them to tell you that you cannot fly until XYZ date. They may then change for free. I did this on Qantas to LHR earlier this year.

If in BKK, go to Thai office. Agents are usually not that good.

Archived