Your first beer in Thailand?

Fiery Jack

January 1991......Renoir, Soi33. On a business trip, we were (somehow) booked into the Novotel Lotus on Soi33, we spotted the bars pretty quickly and just went into what looked like the busiest (it was around happy hour). I'll never forget the first five minutes in that bar, instantly surrounded by "hostesses", handed a cool towel, two waitresses hovering for the order, nice jazz on the stereo......welcome to Thailand!

....although I suppose technically my first beer in Thailand was on the plane once we crossed into Thai airspace... ::

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't want to wait until Pattaya so mine was on a taxi. Me and my travel companions asked the driver to stop at the nearest gas station after leaving the airport and I bought 3 different brands of beer. Decided that Singha was the best so ordered me a one at the hotel pool right after I had taken the luggage in my room. That was the start of the evening that changed my life forever ::

Hotel Siam on Ayuthaya Rd. I spent close to two weeks in Thailand, with my farang GF, didn't even notice any nightlife. Except once, we went to Soi 33, together, we walked into one of the artist bars and I insisted I didn't want to have a beer in a brothel. I was sincere--having a beer in a brothel with a farang girlfriend is not something I would enjoy.

It is my second beer that really counts. A few years later, I landed at Don Meuang, took the prearranged limo to hotel Asia Pattaya. After I arrived, I looked around, had a beer--and I've been trying to figure out how to move to Thailand ever since.

My first beer in Thailand was in Don Muang airport in 1986. I too was here 'on business' :( The cunt who was supposed to be picking me up ended up being 2 hours late. By the time he arrived (extremely hungover as it turned out), I'd downed a 6 pack of Singha. :drunk: and was eyeing a bottle of Mekong :clown: I was ready for more beer, but it was 10:00 am, so he took me to meet the client :doah: instead.

....and the rest is a mystery :drunk:

My first beer in LOS was consumed at the infamous Golden Beer Bar at about 11am and after about four hours of Carlsbergs, decided that it was time to go back to the hotel room and sleep it off a bit - with a "hostess" from there of course, who was solely responsible for getting me plastered and laid by 3pm....ah, the fond memories...

After the long miserable flights to get to LOS arrived at the Nana around 0100 - all I wanted was a beer to celebrate that I made it alive. Walked outside the hotel trying to figure out where the NEP was. Saw an "opening" between what looked like abandoned buildings across the street and figured that's got to be it. Got into NEP and walked into one of the GoGos on the ground floor on the left and ran inside to get me my beer. Suddenly saw all these absolutley beautiful, shapley young girls, naked or topless, all smiling warmly at me and I said "HOLY SHIT! - and I even got my beer too.. ::

I guess about five years ago. Mid-day at a Clinton Plaza beer bar.

Not really sure how this bg, p4p stuff worked. After a few beers, invited best looking of the half-dozen available to come back to Manhattan Hotel with me. She explained the bar-fine system, but declined my invitation, saying she had to go home to recharge her mobile phone.

Can you freakin' believe that??!! Shut down by bar girl with such a lame excuse!!

Got up, dusted myself off, ventured down the road to NP and hit paydirt. Haven't looked back since.

:: ::

Archived