UN Warns Staff of attacks in Bangkok

Fidel

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Anyone who would cancel their sanuk to increase their safety deserves neither"

The (above) is irrational.

It would depend on how credible the threat, wouldn't it?

Perhaps it would be prudent to take note of the warnings reportedly posted on a banned web site to avoid police stations and large congregations of people, including bars and public transportaion centers.

That would cut into the sanuk quite a bit. You would have to wrestle with the odds of the threat being carried out at the same place and same time as you were there. That is if the threat were to be carried out.

Its all a matter of the odds. What are the odds of being in the precise location at the precise time that a terrorist attack is carried out?

If I stay at home, I have a greater chance of being killed in a car accident. There are 50,000 car deaths a year just in the US which is probably 100 times the number of people killed in terrorist attacks thru out the entire planet! IMO it is irrational to cancel a trip because of a generalized threat to "attack bangkok."

After WTC, people were afraid to travel. Why? What were the odds of being on a jet when its hijacked? million to one?

The real problem is that people in the west are so afraid of death that the slightest hint of it causes people to lose all sense of reason.

Hear, hear! And this kind of attitude just lets the terrorists win.

I notice Rickfarang's the same guy sniffling about getting beaten up by a tiny drunk bargirl in another thread and now he's scared of going to Phuket. Come on man, with respect, you're letting the side down - get some balls!

If that sounds harsh, I just read something on bangkoktonight where a guy had had 200 baht taken from him by a ladyboy, the ladyboy had been arrested and he was afraid to walk in Sukhumvit again in case it had friends! For fuck's sake! :doah:

atticusblue said:

Life is so damn tame in western countries and I think that's why some of us like Thailand. I won't be intimidated by death-loving Muslim monsters whose "cause" would be furthered if westerners stayed away from favorites destinations such as Thailand.

i am sorry to disagree.

i reckon most here like thailand because they get cheap young pussy they can't get back home, in a place where police takes special care of the well being of foreigners, so that they won't get intimidated by anyone as they would in other places.

and people in the south are hardly "death-loving Muslim monsters".

flyonzewall said:
atticusblue said:

Life is so damn tame in western countries and I think that's why some of us like Thailand. I won't be intimidated by death-loving Muslim monsters whose "cause" would be furthered if westerners stayed away from favorites destinations such as Thailand.

i am sorry to disagree.

i reckon most here like thailand because they get cheap young pussy they can't get back home, in a place where police takes special care of the well being of foreigners, so that they won't get intimidated by anyone as they would in other places.

and people in the south are hardly "death-loving Muslim monsters".

Das mag schon so schein, aber ...

I would hate to be a part of a board that only deals with "cheap pussy" and what not and I sincerily(? )think that you are jumping to conclusions here. :dunno:

When it comes to "death loving musims monsters" Well, I do follow you.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

The south will be on fire, lets face it - Thailand today is worse run than Leeds United FC when it comes to containing and controlling such problems.

When is new election? And does it help? A formula has been found these days - confrontation and right wing politics help to get votes, even if the country's economy suffers big time. Where is hope to make things better? Cooperation? 1 nation?

Sigh.

Some claim the problems in the south of Thailand are nothing to worry about. For those that think this way, talk to the widows of the men who had their heads cut off down there.

As for Thailand being a place of cheap pussy; then tell me what was the REALLY , real reason for initially coming to Thailand?

Archived