REFUSED a TOURIST visa to LOS from Tokyo.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
suadum said:

The ony difference from my previous same visas is that this one is stamped "employment prohibited".

Cheers,

SD

Surely they cant do that ? If you met all the requirements for a job, you can get a Work Permit on an O Visa no problem. ( there are a couple of people here working on O Visas )

>>you can get a Work Permit on an O Visa no problem<<

Are you sure about that? I always thought work permits were only given to Non Imm B visa holders. I wouldn't stake my life on it, but that is what I thought the regulations were.

Mine has always been done on a B Visa.

Cheers

Farangman

Hopefully (for the rest of us) the problem is limited to the tokyo embassy. I have five 30 day stamps within the last 12 months, hate to think that this disqualifies me from ever obtaining a three month visa. :: I'm sure LHL will straighten all this out ::

UG, you should have got your visa in Ireland or Oz.

I had a similar problem years ago trying to get a visa to the US in Amsterdam. They initially refused saying why didn't I get one in Sydney as it's a simple process. After telling them I didn't know when exactly I'd be entering the US, they eventually saw my logic and bowed.

But look at your situation in Tokyo:

You have no job in one of the most expensive cities on the planet.

No fixed address.

A passport littered with 30-day visa stamps to Thailand.

If I didn't know you better, I'd raise the 'drug runner' flag, too!

Show some evidence you actually are a teacher, am looking for work in Japan and decided to visit LOS to see your daughter during the quiet New Year period.

Good Luck.

farangman said:

>>you can get a Work Permit on an O Visa no problem<<

Are you sure about that? I always thought work permits were only given to Non Imm B visa holders. I wouldn't stake my life on it, but that is what I thought the regulations were.

Mine has always been done on a B Visa.

Cheers

Farangman

Defo OK.

You have afterall a Non Imm visa. Its just an O not a B.

MaiLuk said:

Hopefully (for the rest of us) the problem is limited to the tokyo embassy. I have five 30 day stamps within the last 12 months, hate to think that this disqualifies me from ever obtaining a three month visa. :: I'm sure LHL will straighten all this out ::

I collected 8 stamps over last 12 months. In my imm sheet it was always stated as "visiting family".

Could be, Thais are not all that slacky, the data comes up on the imm officers' screens when they swipe your passport through the reader.

Archived