REFUSED a TOURIST visa to LOS from Tokyo.

The extension of stay stamp now has the notation "Thai Wife" if it is for support. It is not a visa but an extension of your original stay visa. Visas are issued outside Thailand at a Consulate. Once you start the extension process that visa, with the extension stamps, is the basis for your stay. You never need another visa if you keep the cycle going.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A friend of mine who taught English in Tokyo applied for the same. Was refuseed the visa.

When he arrived at Bkk airport he was refused entry and told he would have to apply from the Tokyo embassy again.

His details were entered on the Tokyo embassy computer as refused, hence he was refused on arrival.

He managed to sort it out in the end in Tokyo. He was very pissed off, he had to wait in a special area with loads of african guys who had been refused entry as well.

He could not even buy food as he was unable to leave the holding area.

STH

WOW that is a scary scenario.... I was all set to travel to BKK on Wednesday next. When did this happen to your friend?

Do you suggest that I cancel my trip?

I really don:t want to waste the time and money if this is going to happen.

Did he ever get an explanation of why he was refused cos I have no idea why?

Uniformguy

Be glad you ae not going to the US and you are not US citizen.

The US has 2 seperate categories for those who make up their no-fly list. How many are on the list - nobody knows. If you are on the main list, it means you can not fly. There is no way of appealling and no way to get your name removed. If you are a US citizen, and you plan to fly on an airplane in the US, you are denied. No exceptions. If you are flying to the US, you are met at the airplane by armed men to take you into custody once you arrive into the US.

>>>Do you suggest that I cancel my trip?<<<

i would suggest to sort that out with the embassy in tokyo, maybe even contacting your own embassy if the thai embassy does refuse.

these sort of things are saved in the computers, and a refused visa can stay there for a long time, and give you lots of problems in the future.

i wonder though why they have not before accepting your aplication told you that there might be a refusal coming. while i was still on my tourist visas a few years back hong kong refused me a visa, but the person taking the application was fair enough to tell me that i should not hand in the application as then a refusal would be stored in the computer, and instead go on a one month on arrival, and go then somewhere else to apply again.

Fly, I tebd to agree. Most of us take it for granted that because we have been here many times before as UG has been, that there will be no problems. Well OK, maybe can't get exactly the visa you want todya, but usually are given a real reason and often guided to an alternative.

UG ...... I'd really put some effort into getting some sort of explaination from the Tokyo Embassy. Since the front desk seems not to be of help, maybe even ask to see the consulate, and *very politely* explain you are dumb confused farang who just wants to go on holiday as he has done many times in the past. Perhaps there is a name mixup?

Since I can see no reasonable explaination to their refusal from what you have said, perhaps there is something unreasonable. I would be concerned about arriving if you are already in the 'refused column' in the computer. Local officers will probably have 'no' other info on their computer other than that you were refused a standard visa in Tokyo. Could be messy.

UG ...... I'd really put some effort into getting some sort of explaination from the Tokyo Embassy. Since the front desk seems not to be of help, maybe even ask to see the consulate, and *very politely* explain you are dumb confused farang who just wants to go on holiday as he has done many times in the past. Perhaps there is a name mixup?

Lets avoid confusion here : embassies do not issue visas at all, its the consular department located at or in the embassy that does issue visas.

Same as the front desk is then part of the consular department.

I wish the very best for UG, try to sort it out before flying, but I would not be too much afraid.

Come to worst and you are refused entry in Bangers, fly to Sillypore and try to sort it out there.....

BB

Just come back fornm the consulate in Osaka and I have an assurance that I will be allowed into the country for 30 days but I will have to leave then.

Seems to be the visa was refused cos I put down my profession as teacher but had no docs to prove that I was working. Profession on the application form meant NOW at this moment in Japan. I havent worked for four years ,

The girl said No you haven't been black listed you will get 30 days.......I really hope she is right as I dunno what is or is not on the computer.

UG

uniformguy said:

Seems to be the visa was refused cos I put down my profession as teacher but had no docs to prove that I was working. Profession on the application form meant NOW at this moment in Japan. I havent worked for four years ,

The girl said No you haven't been black listed you will get 30 days.......I really hope she is right as I dunno what is or is not on the computer.

UG

What did I tell ya buddy?

Make sure you have the girl's name, her bosses' name, phone number etc., just in case it all goes tits up on arrival.

Archived