REFUSED a TOURIST visa to LOS from Tokyo.

BelgianBoy said:

Lets avoid confusion here : embassies do not issue visas at all, its the consular department located at or in the embassy that does issue visas.

Same as the front desk is then part of the consular department.

Hey, what kind of Belgian mumbo jumbo is that? :)

Does McDonald's make and sell you that Quarter Pounder with Cheese (or Royale with cheese or whatever you might call it) or is it the countergirl, or the grill guy, or Ronald Freaking Frizzy Hair McDonald? ::

It is Mc Donald's.

Yes, most Embassies (at least the ones I am familiar with) have a Consular Section headed up by a Consulate General who acts on behalf of the Embassy in issuing visas (of many types) to the country the Embassy represents. Of course the CG delegates his/her authority downwards to the staff working the window and underling officers.

Anyway, it's like saying the Embassy does not negotiate/sign trade agreements...it is the Commercial Economic Section. It is usually the section chief acting for the Embassy.

But, there was some good advice in this thread on taking the matter to a higher authority when the wrong answer or no answer was forthcoming. It works in Embassies and with the visa staff too.

Sounds like UG solved his problem by heading off to another Consulate. Good idea, UG!

Enjoy your visit. :)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Sarasin good to see u back on the board buddy.

Just signed in at the same time as your post to update and close of this thread.

I arrived at the queue in front of immigration on Wed evening in a pretty nervous state........BUT two minutes later I was walking downstairs to collect my bags, the whole process took place as if nothing had happened at all and I am now in Pattaya relaxing. There was absolutely nothing on the computer she swiped my passport and then immediately stamped my passport for 30 days.

However I need to clarify what happened according to the really helpful girl in the consulate in Osaka. I misread the wording on the application form and put down my profession as Teacher......but in Japan they mean profession at this moment in Japan......by putting down 'teacher' I indicated I was working.....on a 90 day permission to enter stamp !!!!! So they asked for a letter from my employer which further confused things as I then wrote a letter to them saying I wasn't working.

But the point here is I was NOT REFUSED a Visa the wording actually said 'Visa will not be issued' which means that they could not issue a visa because I did not have all the relevant documents. Big difference in providing all the docs and being refused.....so sorry if that has confused people but I just thought it had been refused.

Anyway the whole incident has just reinforced my feelings about how precarious an existence we all lead in any foreign country when we have to rely on visas and their interpretation by all the individulas involved. One slight misreading by me led to all of this worry and hassle.

In the end it all worked out so anyone in BKK from the 1 Dec til 16 Dec or indeed Pattaya before then, PM or message me and we can have a beer....thanks for all the help during this tricky few weeks.

Uniformguy

Does McDonald's make and sell you that Quarter Pounder with Cheese (or Royale with cheese or whatever you might call it) or is it the countergirl, or the grill guy, or Ronald Freaking Frizzy Hair McDonald? ::

It is Mc Donald's.

Now then..... comparing McShite to embassies..... who's the one speaking mumbo jumbo here ??? :( :( :(

Congrats to UG !

BB

I'll be a test tube baby on this one..Arriving in the near future for a 6th visa on arrival which in theory could be a problem. I will be armed with (over kill) 2000USD in TC;s 1000 Cash, the usual assortment of ATM and CC's from America and a Bank of Bangkok ATM card. Making 6 insertions per year since '01 in the same passport I watch as them flip the pages and I assess the review as looking for a blank page. Reason that is my view as the officer found a blank half page in the middle of my book and stopped there for the normal stamps.

Are any of you dealing with "Honorary Thai Counsel Offices" They have to do a lot of busines to stay open.

:applause:

Yup, that wording stuff can get us all. Glad everything was fine, but quit worrying us all with that 'refused' word from now on. :neener:

I arrive on the 29th, will give you a shout.

Making 6 insertions per year since '01 in the same passport I watch as them flip the pages and I assess the review as looking for a blank page.

Hahahahaha you crack me up.

I have one passport with 26 entries to Thailand, a few more to Malaysia, Vietnam, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China.

Maybe 50 - 52 entries in one passport, so what ?

No big deal for experienced travellers as many can confirm here.

BB

That is exactly why I updated my post as soon as I discovered what the reason was......

BIG BIG difference in the word REFUSED and 'will not be issued'.......catch you next week.... in Pattaya til 1 Dec.

uniformguy

Archived