Would you risk your life for your opinions ?

BelgianBoy

Guys & Gals,

Last week a Dutch filmmaker was murdered in Amsterdam by a young Marrocan muslim extremist, only because the filmmaker Theo van Gogh expressed his opinions about Islam.

In Europe, and certainly in Holland, freedom of expression is very dear, and his coldblooded murder moves a lot of people.

Of course, it also moves people to extremes as now islamic schools and mosques are being attacked as well.......

How far will you go expressing your opinions and freedom of expressing it ?

Have you ever taken to the streets in protest, have you even used violence to express your opninions ?

I have.... I chained myself to the USSR embassy in 1973 in protest of their foreign policies :p and spend the night at the police station as my father wanted me to cool off a bit.....

Even when not agreeing with what a lot of people say, I'll defend their right to say it.

All within legal and human bounderies of course, I'll never defend anyone the right to shout that others deserve the right to die because of different opinions......

How about you ?

BB

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"blue"]only because the filmmaker Theo van Gogh expressed his opinions about Islam.[/color]

I think he insulted a few though, one is also responsible for the contents of words pronounced loudly....

From there getting slaugthered is more than unacceptable, but in many countries you wil end up in jail or getting killed for expressing your opinion.

As for myself, my security file at the secret services of my country mention me as an anarchist, enough said... :o

In Thailand murders are on the rise in the South, perpetrated by moslims targetting ordinary buddhist people as a revenge for the 80something deaths perpetrated by the army.

People are killing because they believe in something, that is damn wrong. The victims did not have a chance to express their opinions ::

VOELKER HOERT DIE SIGNAAAAALE....DIE INTERNATIONAAAAALE (tatatatam...) ERKAEMPFT DAS MENSCHENRECHT!

people hear the signal the international blah blah blah

dear mister wall lovely to hear your solidarity to the angry mob as we are known to the ruling class. it may be interesting to exchange tales with experienced peoples of what its really like at the "coal face" which after all is is where it all began. have you got any insight on the german union movemnet?

thalenoi said:

[color:"blue"]only because the filmmaker Theo van Gogh expressed his opinions about Islam.[/color]

I think he insulted a few though, one is also responsible for the contents of words pronounced loudly....

From there getting slaugthered is more than unacceptable, but in many countries you wil end up in jail or getting killed for expressing your opinion.

Where did the killing happen? In Afganistan? In an uncontrolled land?

Perhaps, some have had too much of a freedom in civilised countries?

[color:"blue"]Where did the killing happen? In Afganistan? In an uncontrolled land?[/color]

Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 2nd of november 2004

Similar to what happens in Southern Thailand revenge actions, limited to bombings for the time being, are perpetrated against moslim targets.

thalenoi said:

[color:"blue"]Where did the killing happen? In Afganistan? In an uncontrolled land?[/color]

Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 2nd of november 2004

Similar to what happens in Southern Thailand revenge actions, limited to bombings for the time being, are perpetrated against moslim targets.

I knew the facts. My post was about something else.

Never mind.

jack_schist said:

VOELKER HOERT DIE SIGNAAAAALE....DIE INTERNATIONAAAAALE (tatatatam...) ERKAEMPFT DAS MENSCHENRECHT!

people hear the signal the international blah blah blah

dear mister wall lovely to hear your solidarity to the angry mob as we are known to the ruling class. it may be interesting to exchange tales with experienced peoples of what its really like at the "coal face" which after all is is where it all began. have you got any insight on the german union movemnet?

i would just love to get educated. please go ahead, i'm all ear.

For my rights and dignity, yes, not my opinions.

That remind me of the last elections in the US. people talking of bootwalking election as if 1933 has come upon us americans. people i know, who have million dolars houses and live in self-indulgence 1000 better than some kid in Burma or India, who speak of leaving to new Zealand, France, Thailand...

Fleeing for your ideas, I guess.... ::

Soryy, i had to get this off my chest!

Archived