a true love story

iuytrede

American guy in his early 40s came to Phuket, fell in love with a 29 yo girl.

He told her he wants a woman who can have children with him, she agreed. She has one child already, but he didn't mind.

After knowing each other for one month she asked for a car. He bought a car for more than a million. When my ex-gf asked him why such an expensive car (and why a car at all) he answered that the woman had said she liked this model.

He invited the girl and her family to trips to places like Singapore and proceeded to apply for an American visa for her. He asked my ex-gf to pick up the woman at the airport in Bangkok, because she is a real country girl and has never been to Bangkok. When my ex-gf met her at the airport it turned out that this girl was very familiar with the airport, she told my ex she had been to Bangkok many times for shopping. At the embassy it turned out she is 34 and has 2 children.

The woman's period didn't come after one month, she told him never mind, it will come soon (they used contraception). After three months without period it turned out that she cannot have a baby anymore

The guy sold everything he owned in the US and moved to Thailand. He then (again against my ex-gf's advice) bought a house in her name. So after all in one year he spent 5 million Baht on her.

Some time later he received a call from her: she informed him that right now she was in Italy. She told him she had to go there to buy stuff for her beauty salon in Phuket.

Some calls later she informed him that she has married someone in Italy.

He stays in touch with her family, they like him a lot, and he is now waiting for her to come back to Thailand in order to give back the house to him...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>>>>>He stays in touch with her family, they like him a lot, and he is now waiting for her to come back to Thailand in order to give back the house to him... <<<

Hahahahahahahahahahaha! :grinyes:

Yet another one bites the dust. :rolleyes:

Of course family likes him. He bought them the house they are living in, and own now.....lock, stock, and barrel. I'd like him "too mut" also. The only thing that would make this story any different than what happens there 100 times a day, is if he actually DID get his house back. Any bets out there?

All he had to do was post here, and he could have saved himself $125,00.00 :D

HT

Seen a couple of guys wavering on that type of decision in the last year or so. One got stung for a bar and the other revised plans downward. Both had been hard hit at home by farang women and vulnerable emotionally.

Whilst I can "understand" some guys dropping a few hundred thousand baht on various things once they get the attention they have never had / haven't had for a long time, the idea of millions of baht after only a few months is bewildering.

Hi torrenova,

Bewildering indeed. I have heard several stories like this over the years. I have more or less promised to buy gf a car and a house. She has changed her mind about the car - mainly because I said she must get a licence first and she is too lazy to go for lessons. The house will be modest, in Rangsit, and will come next year when we have had a serious relationship for three years.

Khwai

I see also too many blokes leaving themselves short by making outlandish promises to the girls and their families. Its easy to promise to send XYZ when you are on holiday and spending loads every day. Back home, most guys on a regular wage actually have to save up to go to LOS.

I know guys who are builders promising to build houses in the jungle !

Oh wow, this sounds surprisingly similar to the story about my friend that I posted in the News section in a thread called "Isaan Meets West". I wrote that he "fell in love" with the second woman he met in Thailand. The first was a beauty salon owner (?) working in Phuket who said that she was 29 but my wife figured she was older. Wife also surmised that she was a "witch" :: practicing black magic to seduce my friend. When I asked her how could she be so sure she gave me the perfect answer... ""Why else would he go out with her?" Thai logic and it makes sense. :)

She took him for probably a million baht, I forget exactly for what, but I do remember that he was giving her sometimes 10,000 B per day to go and play cards. :doah: He stopped seeing her after she beat him up a couple of times. :(

BTW, not saying it's the same woman, but maybe. More likely just astonishingly similar details. Not surprising that there would be an abundance of somewhat over the hill ladies running beauty parlors in Phuket while on the lookout for naive farang .

I wonder what will happen to my Thai step sons father in law. He went for a Thai girl from Phuket, inspired by family no doubt. They married fast, from what I heard he asked a taxi driver to find him a suitable girl.

Maybe it will work out well, maybe not. The thing I reacted strongly vs, is that this girl has changed her first name. To a western one.

And the beauty shop or other small business was paid for by the previous duped farang !

I know a few Thai girls personally who have some business interests and almost without exception, it was paid for in one lump sum by a farang. A couple have worked on their backs for it and good luck to them but others, who are no longer with their benefactors, may well have weaseld it out of an unsuspecting or gullible farang.

That said, setting one up for a girlfriend who invests some of her own money and has some business accumen would at least keep her occupied and give her some income.

Archived