a true love story

iuytrede

[color:"red"] The thing I reacted strongly vs, is that this girl has changed her first name. To a western one.

[/color]

Many Thais have "Western" names CBK, including me which my father gave to me but kept as the second name officially. Most of my GF have nicknames such as "Anne", "Jill", "Jane" (part of her name of "Jane Jira"), "Katheleeya or Kat". A Thai male F., his name is "Charlee", many thinks it is "Charlie", it is not, it is Thai(Pali) which means "net", another name is "Mark" which means in Thai "Water Transportation of by water", .

Darn, should I have posted this in Language column? :D

Jasmine

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My take on these types of situations is less so with the thai women and more with western men.

I don't think thai women are anymore charming or scammers as other foreign places like PI or brasil.

What one needs to look at is how we as western men are so desperate for love and social companionship and what is really happening in our own culture to turn out guys like this.

It is down right embarassing to hear stories like this.....

cardinalblue

jasmine said:

any Thais have "Western" names CBK, including me which my father gave to me but kept as the second name officially. Most of my GF have nicknames such as "Anne", "Jill", "Jane" (part of her name of "Jane Jira"), "Katheleeya or Kat". A Thai male F., his name is "Charlee", many thinks it is "Charlie", it is not, it is Thai(Pali) which means "net", another name is "Mark" which means in Thai "Water Transportation of by water", .

Darn, should I have posted this in Language column? :D

Jasmine

I agree Jasmine, and I think its cute to see the imagination which Thai girls use with their nicks.

I was off target here. Nice post my friend.

Cheers!

jasmine said:

[color:"red"]this sort of thing is amazingly common.

Khwai

[/color]

More than amazing. You hear such stories which make ones wonder what is it about such woman who can fool a man for such money! Thai charms or these men are starved?

Jasmine :(

Yes, some of us are just very lonely, and will fall for anything to be loved. Remember that story I told you a few weeks back? this has a similar ring to it? both hairdressers...hmmm...maybe they teach them this crap in Salon school...? :: :(

[color:"red"]maybe they teach them this crap in Salon school...?

[/color]

My brother told me that the ones who work for men salon are the ones who are taught certain things about scamming men. He has an old school classmate who is doing just that, 48 yrs. old and is still going. ::

Jasmine

very good points, I pretty much agree

I tend to think, though, that Thais are more charming than many other people. They have a lot more empathy than let me say the Chinese. This makes them so attractive in the first place. This is the prerequisite for the famous "girlfriend experience". And this makes them more dangerous if they are scamming.

I wouldn't know of any destination for sex-tourists where scamming foreigners out of big money by "simple" uneducated farm girls is so wide-spread as it is here. I doubt that this is just because more foreigners come here.

I don't think thai women are anymore charming or scammers as other foreign places like PI or brasil.

-------------------------------

Indeed, i would think so. It is just so damned easy for a guy out of the cold weather, 9 to 5 life, to find the bar scene totaly boiling him over. everything is easy, easy-going, cheap, and I still have to meet a guy with an interest in having fun and hanging out with asian women who is not boiled over the first time.

Inversely, i am sure a lot of fun can be had in Brazil, or Phillipines, and guys get scammed too, but the friends i know who have been there, usually report cons with the pros.

In Thailand, you get the cons a lot later after insertion, no pun intended ::, if you are a newbie. And we know that saying "well, it' lots of fun but I ain't fooled" does not prevent that newbie or even repeat visitor to fall 2 days later for the one "who's not like the others".....

It and P127,

Let me explain further what i started out saying.

It does take two to tangle as we all know.

In these types of cases, both parties play significant roles and contributes to the outcomes. Yet, i still see "the why" of the situational cause more towards the man's weaknesses, vulnerabilities and mental state going into and throughout their interaction with these thai females.

Yes, thai women and their culture in general are incredibly charming (real and fake) and yes much more than other cultures or my own that i have experienced so far..

My original thoughts were, though, that a fake charmer and a scammer who is out to deceive whether in LOS or in brasil will suceed due more to the man's condition than to those thai skills compared to another country's person set of deceiving skills. In essence, what i am saying is i don't think that individual scammer is any more effective than a scammer in another country in carrying out their intentions.

What i have experienced through seeing or hearing so many stories that i tend now to believe the sheer numbers of scammers-charmers or con-artists as i like to call them, thailand might be a leader sadly. hence, why we hear about the high number of causalties.

It,

Interesting point about comparing thais to chinese especially given the uniqueness of the thai-chinese mixing. I have a tendency to believe it is more culturally driven (charm) than ethnically driven. I have found whether thais, thai-chinese or chinese in LOS to be equally charming of putting on that face.

After 4 year plus years here, I have found myself understanding more yet at the same time being more confused than ever all because of this characteristic of charming and i am not talking about just BGs; it is so prevalent and integrated into their culture from highly educated professionals to uneducated rice farmers and everything in between.

I would like to think this charming has a trace of sincerity to it, but my experiences tend to gravitate more towards superficiality and their protection of true feelings and thoughts.

Does sincerity ever really exist or how do you tell when it begins or ends?

It would be a sad and disappointing commentary to believe that every situation is a game whether positive or negative. If that is the case, this crosses into the fields of honesty, compassion and integrity and brings serious doubt about character....

Cardinalblue

Archived