Asian girls and their relations to other Asians

check_bin_krap

[color:"red"]African? Wow! Can I call you Chocolat Jasmine from now on?

Jasmine, are you the exception or the rule? Most people don't like to be referred to anything but their country. [/color]

Well, my dear, I am lighter color than most Thais (without much Chinese blood, that is), I don't think that lady who called me an African knew where Africa is!@ ::

What I am trying to say is, people with ego about where they are from and expected people to know about their countries are living on illusion. I am a very proud to be Thai born but I also understand that not all of people are aware of everything ones want them to.

In short, why be sensitive on nothing that does not really kill you. (Boy I sound old!). Many things are just convenient in life.

I am the opposite than a lot of people, when ones said "Oh Thailand", I normally inquire what they know about the country, you will be surprised what they think they know.

Another thing, I sure don't want to give impression that the Tthais are unreasonably sensitive people that many things can insult them (not that it does not happen, some people's attitude just makes my skin crawl! :o)

I had a neighbor in Louisiana whose son was killed in Vietnam, he was very rude to me without knowing me so I asked one time and he said "Your people killed my son". Of course there was a long talk after that, but it took me several tries before he realized that he was mistaken. :( Many other people would have written off as an ignorant "arse" but I saw the pain and I am a parent also.

People are basically the same, IMO, we all want happiness and we suffer in the same way.

Jasmine

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived