Asian girls and their relations to other Asians

check_bin_krap

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am on the side that there is at least a lot of stereotyping if not hatred. Also, its in every country in every continent. Some of it is within a country and some are the neighboring countries. In America, southerners think that northerners think they are slow and inbred. Californians get stick for being 'flaky'. There were initially problems with east germans and west germans. English have stereotypes against 'scousers' and 'geordies' and London fans often refer to their northern brethren as ''northern monkeys'.

Logically, it would seem that Asia is no different. Within Thailand, the northern provinces are looked down upon by other provinces. My city here has a lot of asian peoples and if you befriend them long enough you'll hear all the sterotypes. Koreans and Japanese dont' get along (probably due to WW2 and their occupation). Same with some Chinese and Japanese. There are exceptions but by and large its that way. 2nd generation will date outside their group here but their parents aren't too happy about it. I had a coworker years back who was Nissei and his Korean gf had to keep him secret from her parents. I'd stand a better chance of dating her than a Japanese/American guy.

I will stand by my point. The asian sisters are not happy around eachother..

------------------------

well.....Stand!

Most of the thais i know here have GFs from other asian countries. We had a friend marrying a filipina 2 months ago. the thai women in attendance were totally "in love" with her, and followed up with invitations and cozying up with his wife.

I hope your wife does not value her ignorance as something she must keep attached to all her life. Hopefully, she will laugh at herself someday for being so upset about the hairD's mistake.

[color:"red"] will stand by my point. The asian sisters are not happy around eachother..

------------------------

well.....Stand!

[/color]

May be it is too COLD to be friendly in Scandinavia?

I read novels written by a Thai lady who is married to a Norwegian, she did say that the Asian women compete with each other in Norway.

I still don't get why a Thai will get insulted being mistaken to be a Filipino. I used to be called from Hawaii, Phillipines, China, Taiwan, Japan, Mexico, Africa, Singapore or whatever the imagination can run. I normally smile and told them where I am from if I feel like it, lots of times, just say "Wrong country".

Jasmine

Jasmine

jasmine said:

[color:"red"] will stand by my point. The asian sisters are not happy around eachother..

------------------------

well.....Stand!

[/color]

May be it is too COLD to be friendly in Scandinavia?

I read novels written by a Thai lady who is married to a Norwegian, she did say that the Asian women compete with each other in Norway.

I still don't get why a Thai will get insulted being mistaken to be a Filipino. I used to be called from Hawaii, Phillipines, China, Taiwan, Japan, Mexico, Africa, Singapore or whatever the imagination can run. I normally smile and told them where I am from if I feel like it, lots of times, just say "Wrong country".

Jasmine

Jasmine

We do some shopping with some Vietnamese women, eat at the Vietnam restaurant, and I have never heard anyting bad about other Asian people.

However there is a fierce enviorment between Thais. Many Thai's does not speak to someone they don't know, and the woman better have a husband and some money in order to be accepted.

If your husband leaves you... nice to have known you, you are broke right?

My wife have two good friends and three aquaintances. She is very non judgemental and don't care about the social status part and I really like her friends even the poor one ;). However she does not visit more than those few friends, even though she knows a lot more. Don't know why.

She gets invited here and there, but decline mostly. Not interested. I don't know why, but I know she don't like the ones that look down on others.

There was this one girl that spoke alot about her job as a tourist guide at a Thai temple, and how awfull those BGs was to my wife. My wife ripped her a new one, and defended her best friend that previously were a BG. Great girl btw, and altough she has not a penny to her name, she does not turn to P4P, and work hard to raise her child.

The girl was very surprised, and kept a distance from then on.

Later a friend of the one that had previously worked as a BG recognized the upstuck one as she had danced with her in a bar in Pattaya.

What a soap.

Anyway, the only aggrivation between Asians I have seen in Norway have been between Thais.

jasmine said:

Jasmine

Jasmine

African? Wow! Can I call you Chocolat Jasmine from now on?

Jasmine, are you the exception or the rule? Most people don't like to be referred to anything but their country. I dated a Kiwi girl several years ago who hated it when someone asked her if she was English or Irish. She grinned and bared it like most people do but a lot of folks are seething inside. I would expect Thais are no different in general.

Guest lazyphil

In rural Oregon me and me mate were at a 'gas station' ::....a bloke asked if I was Australian, when I said no England, his teenage daughter asked if we spoke English there :banghead:

Archived