bang na

thai3

Guest lazyphil

<<you can't really call those people simply "thugs" >>

I thought you might say this ::..I mean the Kray twins luved their muver, they have her flowers, inbetween calving up victims!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now it's you not reading posts, I never said you never went into such places but that warnings about black places in UK were from people who often never went into them. A fight at a fair, but not I assume aimed at any falang thai couple. Fights at fairs are almost expected, when was the last time a falang and his girlfriend were involved. We are always reading about how safe thailand is but reading this thread people might feel danger lurks at every turn. This is like saying I went to a football match where trouble broke out so don't take your GF to a match or dont go to Pattaya because falangs get killed there, don't walk down sukhumvit lest the kataoy's pick your pocket or don't fuck a BG in case you get HIV. Crossing the road is a risk but an acceptable one, going to some nightlife places with a thai lady might be a risk but I have yet to even suspect that it might be an unacceptable one.-peter

>>>without any police there, did they not intervene?<<<

two motorcycle cops arrived, the guys dispersed. cops went away. guys came back together, cops came again, guys dispersed, cops left. guys came back together. and then, i guess, cops got bored, and guys walked off to meet their opponents.

generally speaking, no, cops do not interfere much when they have a big and nasty fight. far too dangerous. they wait until the dust has cleared, call us for the injured, and arrest the others.

>>>when was the last time a falang and his girlfriend were involved. We are always reading about how safe thailand is but reading this thread people might feel danger lurks at every turn. <<<

how do i know when the last time a farang was involved? generally farang rarely go out in thai territory here in bangers, otherwise you can be sure that there would be more incidents.

and regarding danger, just have a look at the thai news, there you might see a bit more reality.

no, thailand outside the heavily protected tourist areas is not safe. especially not the areas you talked about - bang na, and adjoining samut prakan. samut prakan is the province with the most factories in thailand, has had over the last ten or 15 years huge waves of migrants from upcountry, lots of slums, and all the resulting social problems.

in addition to that, thailand has changed noticibly in the last two years regarding crime and security for the worse.

New GF lives in Samut Prakhan and she seems to think the places we go, and went to there are safe. The first place I will go when I get back will be bang na.

You say you don't know the last time a falang was involved in violent incidents yet warn against where to go in case of this happening. Could it be that as a falang you are generally LESS likely to get involved in anything upleasant than if you were a local? My experience leads me to think this might be the case.-peter

Archived