Thai motorcycles

Pom_Jao_Choo

Harleys carry a big premium in LOS because of the import tax but not the BMWs.

Just a note. The above is not correct. A BMW is way more expensive in Thailand than in Europe. Although I'll admit that the price overhead may be more on a Harley because of brand-recognition and what not....

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Straycat said:
Harleys carry a big premium in LOS because of the import tax but not the BMWs.

Just a note. The above is not correct. A BMW is way more expensive in Thailand than in Europe. Although I'll admit that the price overhead may be more on a Harley because of brand-recognition and what not....

I stand corrected. I guess what I meant is that BMWs are much closer to market than Harleys. BMW have some nice dealerships in LOS with a good selction of big bikes. Definitely not so with HDs. What I do know is that it's extremely expensive to import a bike into LOS.

if one knows where and how, one can get incredible deals on old harleys here (if one likes them). lots of old harleys came over the burmese border some time ago, and there are some workshops who build missing parts exactly like the original.

the most famous one man workshop is in my neighborhood, (where the cunt carabao gets his bikes done up).

it's amazing what the old bloke can do with almost nothing. i have seen complete wrecks turn into shining bikes within a few months.

Archived