Best and Worst Airlines to Asia

gobbledonk

thanks for the help Shygye.

i only used BKK as an example.BKK was always my point of entry in Thailand and had to get the visa there and then go onto Phuket.

no worries about having to pick up any checked-in baggage,it was there waiting for me in HKT.

but it seems(by your words and other peoples)i have to collect my bags and then send them through the system again.....bummer.

means less time in the Bar between flights...... :banghead:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's another recommendation for EVA Airlines. They offer a lot of comfort for the long flight across the Pacific - at a reasonable price.

EVA flights have four classes of seating: the usual economy, business and first, plus "deluxe class" - midway between economy and business. Like domestic business class: wide seats, plenty of leg room, delicious meals. Perfect for those long hours over the ocean. And a bargain - only about $80 more than economy.

My overall opinion of EVA airlines is very high: planes clean and neat, stewardesses polite and efficient. I fly EVA "deluxe class" whenever possible.

EVA connects thru Taiwan. Broke up the flight - chance to walk around. Taipei airport is well organized, modern. Delicious dim sum breakfast at little cafe on second floor, top of escalator, turn right. Also showers available (second floor, far rear, top of stairs). Immaculately clean. Long, hot, shower wonderfully refreshing after a long flight. Cost US$10.

Archived