Best and Worst Airlines to Asia

gobbledonk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

God forbid that ever happen to me at Narita. That is the worst. You are not in Bangkok and you are nowhere close to home and in one of the most expensive cities at that. $4 for a bottle of water in the airport!

Trans atlantic on NWA is an A333 but on the NRT BKK route it is an A332 with NW Just in case someone is looking at the wrong seat map. Seating arrangements a bit different. FYI

I just had a great experience on Cathay both from LAX to BKK and again on the return. The flight attendants were attractive though certainly not stunners, however the service was stunning. They couldn't do enough to make sure everyone was happy - and all were! Great service combined with great food and drink. I felt like an emperor! Also love the new seats in business class, which I was actually able to sleep in (never did that before).

While waiting around LAX I was able to check out many of the flight attendant teams from the various Asian airlines heading to their planes. Didn't see the Singapore Girls, but from all I saw I'd have to say the EVA girls were the most eye catching! :)

Your major concern flying into Detroit in February would be the weather. If its bad, expect delays. At least you are not flying into Phily on U.S. Airways. I've heard the delays in getting your bags is enough to make you miss your connections.

Troy.

thanks for the link,just gives me an idea about what to expect when i get on board.

my ticket was bought for me and i had no choice of who i flew with.

don't really care as i am travelling free.

no matter how bad it might be i will be asleep most of the time hopefully.....

Hi Dean.

i have a 3 Hour lay-over in Detroit and hopefully that will be long enough for any delays there.

but another question for you Guys.

if i fly from London to Phuket via Bangkok then i can normally expect my baggage to be moved from plane to palane without me worrying about things.

just check-in at London and then collect in Phuket.

but i hear that the American side of things might have changed recently?.

but i understand that as Detroit is my point of entry then i have to collect any baggage and then check-in again for the Internal flight?.

thanks for the help Guys...

For DTW (USA in general) you have to get your baggage before going through customs. After customs there is a queue for the TSA. Hand your bag over to the TSA agent. You do not check-in again. Just follow the signs for connecting flights. You should have gotten all your boarding passes in London check-in.

Going London to Phuket, you go through customs at Phuket and not Bangkok. That is why you do not have to get your baggage in Bangkok.

Archived