Best and Worst Airlines to Asia

gobbledonk

I understand why most people prefer direct flights, but, from Brussels, no have.....

Thus Qatar remains my preferred choice.

Excellent inflight entertainment, video on demand, new Airbus A330/300.

14h iso 10h Paris Bangkok, 15h iso 12h Bangkok Paris is ok, it is nice to get a change of plane, strech your leggs a bit, cuts the long and boring trip, access to business class lounge with silver FF card (needs 20k miles, 2 trips/year)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

best BA. Ok, I know I am stepping out of fashion here but I thought it was pretty damm good.

worst Air France ( apart from the food, which was great ) uncaring, self important, unhelpful, never again - unless its cheap :)

I really want to have a go at the Emirates especially its now got a direct flight to Glasgow. It will break the trip up nicely roughly half way instead of an hour to London, Parid, Amsterdam and then the long 11 hour slog.

Personally I dont care. My trip is always on price rather than choice of airline. Yes, I'll even go with Aeroflot if I'm feeling particularly brave...

Christ, Chelseafan, you really *do* have a devil-may-care attitude, dont you ? Aeroflot ! Whenever I think of burning fuselages buried halfway into the tarmac, two sets of signage seem to spring to mind : Aeroflot and United. To my surprise, they only had a couple of entries in this wonderful list of Top 100 Air Disasters

I have to report that I had projectile emissions from both ends from the Thai Air food on my last two flights with them. Both after the Sydney stop, so I could blame their caterers in that favourite land of mine - Oz.

Cheers

Coss

artiew said:

Christ, Chelseafan, you really *do* have a devil-may-care attitude, dont you ? Aeroflot ! Whenever I think of burning fuselages buried halfway into the tarmac, two sets of signage seem to spring to mind : Aeroflot and United. To my surprise, they only had a couple of entries in this wonderful list of Top 100 Air Disasters

There are good flights and there are bad flights, however, very very few of them actually crash....Statistically, you have more chance of being kicked to death by a donkey than you have of dying in a airplane crash.....so price always wins for me....besides, more money to spend in LOS :) (thats if I dont meet a donkey on the plane :: )

I confess to have enjoyed flying BA also, new 747/400, in seat monitors, decent service. But I stopped using them when they downgraded their FF program to 1/4 of miles for discounted tickets.

I manged to get one return ticket for free before my accumulated milages expired though....

Flew China Airlines earlier this year, old planes, nothing remarkable.

Thai airways is expensive and nothing worth mentionning. (except their 34'' inch pitch, but I am short and don't care)

Same for SWISS, newer planes though.

KlM's plane is combi, half cargo, don't like that.

I did fly Air France once to Montreal, got a plastic bag lunch packet when boarding the plane with a sandwich, 1/8th of a camenbert cheese, one stick of belgian cote d'or chocolat and 1/4 bottle of red wine, maybe 20 years ago, but never AF again (good example of how to win customers in both cases)

I stick with Qatar for the time being as mentionned earlier

Archived