Accomidations in Saigon

adanac

I can't believe no one has been to Ho Chi Minh City. Come on. I flew on Vietnam Airlines from BKK to Hanoi. If you have never flown on a Russian commercial aircraft, you don't know what you are missing. Hanoi airport is exactly the same as the day the French military left it in 1954 except there were cows grazing near and on the runway. The French would never let that happen. Five rickety buses drove on runway to meet plane. There were only 23 of us and we got in to one bus. The other busses stayed near plane on runway awaiting further instructions. If you have never visited a communist country, I highly recommend visiting at least one just to see how screwed up things can be. Just one example. The communist hotel in downtown Hanoi. Went down for breakfast. Yes, they had coffee, but for breakfast, one has to order a day in advance. Six o'clock at night all the lights in the city dim. Why? They turn the power down at the electric generating plant. Ever try to turn on a Russian made air conditoner?

Unit, you don't mention when you visited Ha Noi. But your post is certainly outdated. A new airport was opened in 2001. You won't find anything like old Russian commercial aircrafts in Vietnam airlines today either, their fleet is rather new.

Hotels in Ha Noi are excellent, I stay at budget ones around USD 25 and service is good. For those who prefer more luxery, the choice is there as well.

I would guess your visit dates back to 10-15 yrs ago or before.

As for replying to the original post, I've been to HCMC but have no experience when it comes to bringing in girls to hotel after checking in.

Cheers!

It's been some time that I've been myself but as far as I know, the strict no guests policies still apply to all half way decent hotels.

When I was there last, the Caravelle had one floor with (2-bedroom?) suites which was served by a separate elevator, and that elevator continues to the roof garden, to where you can officially take guests. But as the elevator stops on that suite floor, you can get out.

Obviously you need to rent one of those in order to be able to use the guest privilege.

Never heard of any problems with this. The location is as central as it gets.

Which one of those two would you like me to comment on first, if any at all? They are both pretty straight in the face but I guess they were meant to be.... ::

Would I be right saying that the second triggered the first? :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Have been to both HCM and Hanoi several times.

The most central hotel would be the Caravelle Hotel.

Walk out the doors and turn right...and will come to a street..that is the beginning of the night life strip.

Bar after bar...most with old cowboy names...Saloon bar ,tin star etc.

The hotels (like in BKK) require the girls to sign in..other than that...no problem with guests.

Stayed at the Renaissance Riverside and same thing,The Rex as well.

Best bar (for drinks) the roof top of the Caravelle,next would be the Rex...you look down at the Rex from the bar on top of Caravelle.

Prices:

Dual currency btw...US$ and VND.

Bar fine 100kvnd....the lady will cost USD 50.00 short time.

Australian dollar = 8500 vnd...so not expensive.

Airport transfer to Hotels approx USD7.00 one way.

Have a great western menu at the Saigon Underground..short walk from The Caravelle hotel,,good and not expensive .

Hanoi

Same ..re girls.

Stayed in three different hotels and no problems ...just sign them in.

Sofitel Hanoi,Hilton Hanoi,Hanoi Hotel.

Hanoi is cleaner and greener than HCM...great shopping in both and the people more than help full.

Enjoy ::

Last time I was there I stayed at Thanh Thao Hotel at 71 Le Thi Hong Gam St, only 1 block away from Hai Ba Trung Street. It was $15/night and didn't have any trouble bringing girls back for the night.

adanac said:

Can anyone recommend any hotels in Saigon that are close to the entertainment areas and that will accept a bribe to get a companion up to the room in the evening.

Archived