internet movie download question

uk101 said:

We're talking about movies here

If we're talking movies then no problem but LH is asserting that it is a technical impossibilty to get a virus from a downloaded Bittorrent file and that is dangerous advice.

There are plenty of torrent sites containing applications and programs and you would be just a vunerable downloading one of these files as any other file sharing program.

Do you have any personal evidence of this?

Unless you d/l from a single seed then it ain't going to happen. But that defeats the BT concept by morphing it to a p2p protocol.

I have personally d/led 100s of apps and executables without a single virus or phoney file using BT. Not the case with p2p sharing, where my virus scanner was overworked on an hourly basis.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
flyonzewall said:

i use the free zonealarm firewall.

no idea about ports. ::

what i did was when the alert asked if i allow it to be connected to press "allow". is that the same, or should i some more?

i got three torrents running right now, differning speeds, from 1 kb a sec up to 12 kb a sec

my brother said that the kind of movies i want (older, good stuff) usually takes longer as fewer people share them.

Zonealarm is no good if you use usenet and download yEnc files as it interrprets them as viruses for some reason....dunno if that has been sorted yet.

Yep your bruv is right, the more seeders, the merrier,

Archived