Do bargirls have a choice? Reprise

walletss

There are other options, farming, factory work. Of the village girls that choose the prostitution option these days I think there's a good percentage, probably the majority, that see it as a way to meet a farang for marriage or support. No secret here.

There are many examples around of girls ugly by Thai standards (mine as well) doing so well that they don't even have to be overly concerned about how attractive they are. It may be that most of these girls don't really picture themselves as entering the prostitution field, it's more of a lottery for a farang husband.

Village girl options, revised: farming, factory work, foreign sponsor, prostitute (bargirl, massage, brothels).

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JJ Sushi says:

"Sell my ass to amke serious cash or work in menial labor with no hope for a better life, I would sell my ass in a minute and screw all of that morals and values nonsense"

I am glad we have clarity on this issue...

If your banking career goes down will your clientele be able to find you in Soi Go Go Boy in Pattaya? :: ::

>in laos and burma nowadays you got huge brothel towns mainly filled with yunnanese girls.<

That's an interesting statement. As I am a current resident of Lao PDR with fairly wide travel around the ountry, can you elaborate please, how do you know, where etc.

I have no intentions of trying access myself (don't shit in my own nest) but I'm just curious about what you know and how.

I've stayed at GuestHouse/brothels in northern provinces (without partaking, just the only accomodation available that had electricity for a few hours), and all girls were local Lao. On a main road between China and Thailand.

jitagawn said:

JJ Sushi says:

"Sell my ass to amke serious cash or work in menial labor with no hope for a better life, I would sell my ass in a minute and screw all of that morals and values nonsense"

I am glad we have clarity on this issue...

If your banking career goes down will your clientele be able to find you in Soi Go Go Boy in Pattaya? :: ::

I would never go low rent buddy. You can look me up in Vegas, I'll only charge you $500hr to be your boy toy.

Would prostitution be an issue in Thailand if there were no tourist?

Otherwords, are we the main cause of the problem? And if we are, do we really have the right to judge?

Not all girls become prostitutes. Some have been offer the route to prostituion but declined.

I knew one Thai lady who worked long hours in a factory to support her 2 children. As many times as her friends in the business tried to get her in the business, she declined.

I think in her case that she could not face her family (parents) if she took up the life of a prostitute.

JJ,

"Sell my ass to amke serious cash or work in menial labor with no hope for a better life, I would sell my ass in a minute and screw all of that morals and values nonsense because it is about money- you don't believe that then ask the factory owners why they are in business. "

Then I say you have a personality that in some way matches with the job and allows you to choose that path.

I'm sure lots of girls find the prostitution business utterly repulsive and would do anything to avoid it.

Zaad said:

Then I say you have a personality that in some way matches with the job and allows you to choose that path.

I'm sure lots of girls find the prostitution business utterly repulsive and would do anything to avoid it.

Your absolutely right just as it takes a certain personality to justify making obscene amounts of money such as CEO of a public company that makes $250mm a year whilst the rank and file of that same organization make on average$50k or a government official that insures that friends and family receive lucrative government contracts for their private businesses or even policemen that take bribes from shopkeepers, pimps, drug dealers, etc.

People of pretty much all cultures and ethnicities like making alot of money, acquiring wealth or desire security and given the limited skill sets and opportunities available to Thai women , they make it the way they can whether by being a prostitute, mia noi or outright marrying a farang guy.

You know I always wondered why guys assume that if a Thai chick with a farng is not a prostitute then the relationship is about "love" and "trust" not security/money/ambition or the chick just settling realizing she can't do better.

Last I checked chicks like money too.

She claims that there are plenty of factory jobs that pay enough to survive.

-----------------------

Good. tell her that this "enough" will be what she will make from now on, and add up she "has" a kid too. Then, let's take it from what she says.

IMO, just because they're thais, esp. BBK thais, does not mean they have any idea of all the elements and aspects in entering the scene (hum, until they find out their teenage daughter may moonlight for easy cash, not unheard of) . Sounds more like the average global middle class take on "real job-less" people. One hears it here too, in USA, about unemployed inner city blacks and others.

Archived