what a great optician!!

keith doug

This is off the topic a little but I will be in Bangkok off and on from January 13-29. I was going to buy a snorkling mask and have the glass replaced with prescription lenses. I assume that it would be a lot cheaper in Thailand than in the U.S. Has anyone else done this and any recommendations on where?

I haven't bought the mask yet and haven't decided whether to buy it in the U.S. or in Bangkok. For an example, I found a prescription mask, the hydro optix, made in California, that cost $199 retail in the U.S. but I found it being sold in Bangkok at the Dive shop (believe it or not, but it is at the Nana BTS station). I don't leave until Jan. 10, and have most of next week off, so I have time to visit a couple of Dive stores in Kansas City. I was hoping to find a good mask in the $60 to $80 range but wouldn't rule out a top of the line mask.

• 2 weeks later...

I have never worn glasses but now I find I really need reading glasses. I will be going to BKK soon and I was wondering if it would be cheaper to both have the test and purchase the glasses there. What is your opionin? Thanks

Archived