Bargain Hunters in MBK?!?

the_numbers

Gamecube and PS2 :doah: I know nothing about them.

Has anyone on here ever bought one in Bangkok for personal use, or a nipper back in their home country? I am supposed to bring one of the 'modified' ones back-over to a friend next time I visit the states.

I searched a few shops in the afternoon yesterday, and heard prices as high as 12,000B. I got one lady on the sixth floor down to 9000B for a system - either PS2 or Gamecube. It includes a controller, power supply, modification for bootleg games, 10 games free [i think they go for 90B a pop].

I know you guys are sitting around thinking about sex :neener::beer: not playing bloody video games, but somebody must know something??? C'mon NanaBoard.. It's like craps. I'm rolling ::

Best,

the_numbers

I'll just put this information out there since I did shop and buy a XBOX game system to bring to the states at MBK this week santahat.gif Ho! Ho! Ho! for my nephew.

It's produced by Microsoft, and comes in this flashy[ugly] clear colour and old-fashioned black.

10,000B is the price for a Black XBOX or a New MODEL Sony Playstation 2 - if its original - which is not cheap :( the price is high because its modified to play fake games that run around 100B

If you don't want to get ripped off as a buyer you HAVE to look for alterations in the joystick. Check the decals, which usually have badly produced holograms on the khong plawm [fakies]..

If you get a system with a fake controller you can get as low as 8,500B with 10 free games. I think 9,500 would be the best possible on a real one :up: with 10 free copy games.

The whacko see thru one is more expensive, but I was under orders to buy the simple black. So, there we are... prices for game systems in MBK.

cheers,

the_numbers

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry if this points out to outside BKK but its cheaper here in KL (Malaysia). the new slim PS2 is going for RM700 to RM800, some will go doen to RM680. includes 1 original controller and 1 fake one. 10 free games, modified. prices vary from shop to shop and what chip they use to replace/bypass the original. should be the same price for XBOX. just saw the PSP the other day.

places to hunt for this - Sungei Wang Plaza down in Bukit Bintang area.

• 1 month later...

I'm sure the prices are going to plummet soon - tis true but there wasn't much of a whisper of the new systems when I was buying the original black x-box :o

You are right about the prices in relation to modifications in the states or kl, and if you buy a cheap normal xbox you can get it modified for about 800-1,000 baht with a chip to play copy games at MBK :) :)

then its 100B a pop though some are delayed a few months.

cheers,

the_numbers

P.S. - Anyone know a shop that buys used cell phones at MBK for decent prices. I have upgraded.

the_numbers said:

P.S. - Anyone know a shop that buys used cell phones at MBK for decent prices. I have upgraded.

Awww, just give it to your fav bar girl. You'll get much more mileage out of it that way than the B1K or so you'll get from an MBK stall.

Cheers,

SD

Archived