New years cancelled

whosyourdaddy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi whosyourdaddy,

isn't is just the New Year celebrations of the governmental offices?

---------------------------------

Three-day mourning period for tidal wave victims and no countdown

Published on Dec 28 , 2004

Government spokesperson Jakrapob Penkhae declared three-day mourning period for disaster victims from December 28-30, 2004 after tidal waves killed an estimated 2,000 people in southern coastal regions, and asked the people to wear all black. Moreover, there would be religious ceremony throughout the country on December 30 at 7pm.

Besides lowering the flag at half-staff, the governmental offices canceled all the New Year celebrations and activities while Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra would not attend any New Year countdown or celebrations.

The Nation

How disappointing! First they cancel christmas eve (no late close as previous years) and now new years eve is completely kaput. I would think in these times people could probably use a drink. Disappointing to me because I've been waiting all year for these two days to have a full night outing. Maybe they should cut the power and water too during this time to make sure everyone is as miserable as possible. ::

'Government spokesperson Jakrapob Penkhae declared three-day mourning period for disaster victims from December 28-30, 2004'

i might be a bit slow here but why do people think NYE is cancelled?.

i always thought NYE was the 31st,but maybe my calender has been wrong all my life.....

Do you REALLY think people want to go out and celebrate after experiencing a disaster like this?

Right now the count is 52,000 dead people and counting.

My heart follows the Chinesse New Year and the traditional Thai New Year.

Archived