New years cancelled

whosyourdaddy

I find it hard to beleive that people want to celebrate after what has happened.

I stopped down to Robinson (Suk). They have out in front a collection drive. I felt almost like crying over what I was seeing. There were so many people giving that it was hard to believe. One person, in an expensive car, pulled up, open their trunk, and emptied out several boxes.

I went down below Robinson's to the grocery store and bought several bags of food. I came close to buying some peanut butter, but felt that those serving the food, might not know how to serve it so instead, I bought several packages of noodle products that come in a cup. All that is needed to have it ready is hot water.

I hope that will help a few people.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hardy641 said:Can anyone, especially bar-owners or guys involved in the entertainment biz, confirm this? Has the 6am closing order been really officially revoked?
No it has not. I have been told by a couple of bar owners that the order was to keep the music down (yeah!) but carry on as previously planned. Here is one email from an anonymous Cowboy bar-owning friend: "Spoke to K after the meeting... (with the Police yesterday). Apparently it's 6 am closing for New Years. All the outdoor countdowns have been cancelled is what he tells me."

Per 2Bangkok, the 24 hour BTS service has been scrapped tho'. And of course the usual party at WTC.

Regards,

SD

Spoke to the manager of Bobby Arms in Patpong last night.

They might close at 1am as normal but it is the bars decision. They have not been told by the police to do this. The licence is still there to be open til 6am if they want to.

There has been no mention whatsoever of being closed for 3 days.

So I assume the other bars are the same. Dont know about the gogos there though, but if Cowboy will be open then I suppose Patpong will be too.

have to disagree with you again MM.

as others have said life goes on.

the bars,restaurants and shops will still be open and the taxis and tuk-tuks will still be operating.

i respect your desire to stay at home with a book if that is your choice,but the Thais still need the tourist money.

i cannot imagine the whole City devoid of people out on the town in a couple of Days.

there are many tragadies each Day in the World but people carry on.

not meaning to sound insensitive but after what happen in NYC 2 Years ago i would still imagine SOME people wanted to go out and raise a glass or to pay their respects to the victims.

i do not know as i was not there but i'm sure NYC did not close...........

IN the name of those whom lost their lives and those whom were injured don't rob those whom are still in the strugle. ROCK ON...as they did in Patong. Bars open Disco going...'

ROCK ON, tip a little more to make offer some direct relief!

Archived