Fox news is Bull

I just heard the 9pm EST special from Phuket...Was billed as live from Phuket....Sorry Adam Howsley it is morning in Patong when it si 9pm in NYC and you were in the dark! Again. Also Mr. House of Miss Information there are not thousands of miles of coastline in Phuket and Patong is not in dire strainghts. Problems to be delt with, yep but not dire in Patong where you claim to be???? Khao Lak is a very sorry place right now but please get the news straight! I'm very disappointed in the coverage, shite these guys don't even look at the pics on line!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Somboon said:

I just heard the 9pm EST special from Phuket...Was billed as live from Phuket....Sorry Adam Howsley it is morning in Patong when it si 9pm in NYC and you were in the dark! Again. Also Mr. House of Miss Information there are not thousands of miles of coastline in Phuket and Patong is not in dire strainghts. Problems to be delt with, yep but not dire in Patong where you claim to be???? Khao Lak is a very sorry place right now but please get the news straight! I'm very disappointed in the coverage, shite these guys don't even look at the pics on line!

Fox News is an oxymoron.

I can't believe Fox News either. Was 80 hours before they sent some novice reporter to Phuket. In fact at hour 81, she was only reporting from BKK, waiting for flight to phuket, at 6pm in the evening.

Next day, after surveying, she was upset she could see bodies laying out in the open, and today, she was shown a blanket covered Thai woman on the beach, and said, "That's disgusting". Like the poor dead woman could do anything about her condition. I wanted to slap her fucking silly. :onfire: I've never hit a woman, but I would have seriously punched her lights out, right there on camera.

At hour 80, they still had only 3 short video's showing minor damage, which they just kept playing over and over. *That's over 3 days!*. My God, I had 100 pics and tons of video's from the Internet within 24 hours, and these guys could not come up with anything visual for 3 whole days????

Also at this juncture, Liza Minnelli falling out of bed and hitting her head, seemed to be more important, than this story. ::

They are finally devoting somewhat full-time to this, but for 3 days, I have just been sitting here shaking my head. Absolutely unbelievable. I hope they actually learn something from this. But I doubt it.

HT

have to agree HT.

i have seen the same footage for 2 Days and all the doom and gloom talk.

many places in Patong were open 12 Hours after the waves hit after the Thais(and Foreigners)worked hard to clear up.

but i see no news footage about how the locals have worked hard to clear up some of the mess.

the Worldwide News Media are only interested in the down side IMO.

they think 'who gives a fuck if there is a happy ending,lets just show blood,gore and devastation'.

Hi sayjann,

I'm really appalled at the news reaction to this whole thing.

First 72 hours, and the US news organizations did not have a clue to what was happening. That is a disgraceful response time, to the worlds biggest disaster.

HT

Is there anybody based in the US who can tell me what the news coverage has been like since Saturday evening, US time?

I ask because I was chatting with some friends from the States on Tuesday night, BKK time, who did not seem to have any idea what was happening. The girl said that her mother had said there was a large "...storm or something..." somewhere near China.

CNN has just said 67,000 dead. Surely this is getting major coverage, maybe almost constant, in US news media?

CNN has been very good right from the start with most of their coverage devoted to the disaster and I have had it on most of the time for the past 3 days. FOX does suck, from what little I have watched them.

I got out last night for the first time in 3 days and went and played poker. I knew many of the players and told them the story of just returning from Thailand and how lucky I was that I was forced to cut my holiday short as I was planning on being in Krabi at the time.

I'd say at least half of the people I talked to hadn't even heard about it and the other half were barely aware of it and quite uninformed of the facts and even unsure where some of these countries are. There was even a lady who was originally from Thailand who hadn't even heard about it yet and asked me if her brother in Pattaya would be safe? Had to remind her that Pattaya was on the other side of Thailand and obviously would not have been affected. Although, maybe tourists and poker room junkies aren't indicitive of the population as a whole, I think many people in the US just don't watch the news or read newspapers much anymore ::.

Ranger

Archived