NPFFL - If a tree falls in the woods and.......

Brink15

.......there is nobody there to hear it ......

....does anyone care? :dunno:

Well, my champion Stars of Light are celebrating their victory to the sounds of crickets chirping in an empty stadium. :elephant::rolleyes::whatever:

I would like to thank Dave for taking the time to yet again put the league together. :applause::beer::worship:

Even though this year the absence of loud mouths like CanaDan seemed to remove some of the energy from the league I still enjoyed many games I might not otherwise have watched due to my fantasy players.

As for the playoffs my hopes lie with the Pats for a repeat as my Bucs suck once again. :shakehead

If the Pats don't make it I'm relying on Tony Dungy's Colt to ensure the Steelers (my least favorite team) or the Eagles (my least favorite fans) find no joy this year. :cussing:

BTW, if anyone happens to be driving through the Tampa Bay area and sees a visor wearing, Buc's polo sporting guy who resembles Chucky walking in a cross walk, feel free to run him over. I have it on good authority that local law enforcement will not prosecute. :rip:

To my fellow league members, thanks for playing. :beer:

To Dave, thanks for giving us somewhere to play. :applause: What do you think? Can we do it again next year?

I don't know if the tree makes a sound but I sure felt it when it landed on me these past two weeks!!!

Gunning for 3rd place I'm glad I pulled Peyton from my lineup but Bledsoe as a replacement didn't do jack against Bulgers bulging numbers!!!

But it was bittersweet as my STEELERS romped all over the field.

Steelers all the way!!!!!

ahem.

Congratulations on taking the championship!!!

My thanks to Dave as well!!!

<<burp>>

Congrats Brinky. I knew that most of my guys had nothing to play for (in real life) so I was pretty sure that you would roll at the end. I won both of our previous meetings, but you won the one that counted. I still canno figure out what happened to Jimmy Smith and Santana Moss was a gamble...

And thanks Dave for administring/organizing it all!

Cheers,

SD

Congrats B15 and thanks to the commish and to all the owners. I do agree with the forest and the trees analogy. Seems like there was little interest as the season went on and the playoffs.

I always had a disconnect between the teams and the owners (by username) so made it harder for me to participate in any discussion. :: Maybe something to think about for next year is to have the teams name as our username or at least have the team/username combination at the beginning of every thread.

The real playoffs should be exciting, Go USC, Go Rams

Absolutely congrats. and absolutely I will have another league next year. It makes all the games more interesting which is crucial when you're stuck with the often poor quality games on UBC.

I might try something a bit different next year to give more emphasis to the WR's and TE's. In another league I played on (and won the championship...which may be why I like the idea) you get an automatic 2 points for every reception.

Til next year...

By the way, they have a free fantasy league on NFL.com for the playoffs. Each player has an alloted point total and you can choose any players you like provided they don't combine for more than 300 points. You play against the world and can win tickets to the Super Bowl if you're on top at the end.

Fun!

Archived