Adopting a Thai child & taking to Europe

Fidel

Hi LG,

Been to the Songkla Baby Home, where my sisters son ended up before being adopted and it looked well run , it exceeded my expectations.

The problems and time efforsst and last but not least financial efforts are in the west.

It's a long and costly raod to travel before being able to pick up a child. The younger you want them to be, the longer the wait.

LG

Yes, the thai DWP did a good job, its the bcis ( usa) that was a big pain the second time. ( I put part of the blame on the thai staff there that likes to make things more complicated than it needs to be)

the thai person I had to deal with made us come back 3 times ( had to extend my stay several days from this) by asking for several corrcetions on the paper work. the problem ( frustration) was that the thai person working at bcis found 3 seperate corrections to be made, and not on the first look at the papers, but each time said to "fix this" and it will be ok, ( 3 times).

and after all this, the american bcis person we had an interview with said they would mail us the decision. ( weeks after I came back to usa)

the first adoption was done in 2 days, with our daughter traveling back with her visa issued.

We will try agin, but have to pay and do paper work all over agin.

like I said IMHO< total crap for trying to do a good

Archived