Airlines into/out of Khorat

GatLoS

Does anyone know which airlines fly into/out of Khorat? I've got a friend that's going to be spending some time there, and is looking to fly down to Bangkok, or Pattaya for a couple of days.

I tried to do some browsing on the web, but could find anything specific, maybe need to look for an airport in the general area?

Nakorn R has a marvellous airport located in the middle of nowhere about 15km from the city, down I think to a previous PM who came from the area... when I went there it was completely deserted, flights were leaving on alternate days. Airasia, I think, and they have since cancelled those so as far I as know NO flights are available. Taxi's from Bk take less than three hours and cost 2000 baht plus or minus 500 baht depending on the taxi driver. Bus from Morchit 2 costs 157 baht and takes three hours plus. No great problem but prob a bit of a burden after a long flight.

All,

Air Andaman used to fly four days a week to Surin, stopping in Korat (NR) on the way up, but the strange thing was they never stopped there on the back from Surin. I found that a bit odd, unless they were doing such good business out of Surin the plsane was always full. Sad to say Air Andaman dropped this route about a year ago. Tell your buddy to take a bus to Burirum and fly down from there on Phuket Air. (I'd say a two hour bus ride from Korat to Burirum, then a half hour taxi rdie from the bus depot to the airport maybe) Daily flights from Burirum. (Don't ask why, I have no idea. Surin is a much busier city than Burirum and we have no flights at all now from there. Pisses me off, Surin airport sits there useless as tits on a bull.)

Cent

Archived