consequences of 1 day overstay

samak

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 day - no fine.

No fine if you make it to immigration without being caught. Near some of the borders, they have been known to check passports. I have had mine checked a few times.

After being processed thru Immigration, they will send you to another area where you will be processed for over staying.

They stamp your passport (small ink stamp).

I had about 5-6 overstay stamps in my previous passport which never seemed to create any problem. I haven't overstayed in a few years so can't say if they've stopped with the stamps. Overstay fines are a pretty good money maker for immigration. I think they are disappointed if they don't take in a bunch of cash daily especially at the airport.

Just got home from 3 years in Thailand!!! Had a 1 month visa..!! Overstay was about 1000 days!! Just paid the maximum fine of 20.000 baht and no problems!! Have done this a couple of times! But be careful guys, depends a little bit from which country you are too! I'm from Sweden!!

Tace care all!!

I was one day over when I departed on my last trip mid December. They stamped my passport as usual at the airport and then a woman came over and said 'come with me'...Walked across to the desk behind the immigration desks with a queue of other falangs and expected to be fined, but the guy stamped my passport with a small rectangular stamp and handed it back to me. No idea what it says but have had no trouble getting a tourist visa for this upcoming trip.

uniformguy

the guy stamped my passport with a small rectangular stamp and handed it back to me. No idea what it says but have had no trouble getting a tourist visa for this upcoming trip.

Exactly the same thing happened to me a few trips back, although I wasn't walked away, it all happened at the same desk. I was over by one day. Stamp with (Thai) writing on it. Miss Red says it says I overstayed by a day.

No problems next trip, no questions asked at all.

I'm on an Australian Passport.

Archived