Blogs are back

khunsanuk

Hi,

Okay, the blogs...

Installed a new blog system (and this one has no problems uploading pics :up: ) and would like to offer this to members. My idea for the blogs is to make them visible to Silver Members only, *however* any person keeping an active blog will receive a free Silver Membership upgrade!

This free Silver Membership will last as long as the blog is kept active, and some time afterwards depending on how long it was active. So, keep an active blog for a month and get that month + 1 week free Silver access. Keep it active for 3 months and get 3 + 1 months; active for a year, get 1 year + 6 months.

(With active I mean roughly 2-3 entries a week of a decent size (100 words+, and to give you an impression the above to paragraphs are 116 words) or a long entry once a week or so. I think you get the picture.)

I think this makes the blogs perfect for trip reports. Start one just before your trip, keep it going all the way through and maybe a bit after, and you have access to all the Silver stuff for free, when you need it the most!

Obviously, they do not need to be restricted to trip reports and can be on just about anything (as long as they are Thai related), for example: living with a Thai girl in the West, living upcountry, living in BKK/PTY, or just a piece of your mind on daily events.

Oh, almost forgot, the blogs can be access by clicking on the Blogs link in the menu at the top of the screen. Only Cent has one so far and as he has only just learned about me finishing it, there is no content yet though. Knowing Cent this will likely change soon :)

BTW, Cent's Tales will be accessible to all for a period just to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Sanuk!

PS For those who do not know what a blog is:

"A blog is basically a journal that is available on the web. The activity of updating a blog is "blogging" and someone who keeps a blog is a "blogger." Blogs are typically updated daily using software that allows people with little or no technical background to update and maintain the blog. Postings on a blog are almost always arranged in cronological order with the most recent additions featured most prominantly."

PPS Was unable to get any of the old blogs up and running and since they had not been updated for quite some time, I did not spend any time in trying to port the data to the new blog system. If any of the old bloggers would like to get their entries, I might be able to still get the content out. Just let me know.

Archived