CM2 & Hyatt Spasso Bar

adanac

I arrived in Bangkok Thursday night and went to my 2 favorite bars Friday & Saturday CM2 and Spasso. I was shocked how much the ladies are now charging at these bars. 5000 baht long time & 3000 baht short time. I offered 3000 long time at 1:45 am and she walked away and would not budge from 5000. The cheapest me and my freind paid in two nights was 4000 baht, and we are both fairly young (30's)good looking well dressed guys. All the girls we approched were 9's & 10's.Sunday night went to Nana Disco and paid 1500 long time for a good looking 8 out of 10.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't surprise me. I went to CM2 a couple of times in December and was quoted between 3000 and 5000 although never got down to brass tacks about short or long time (this was from Thai and Russian girls - Russian were higher).

Didn't go to Spassos this trip - not really my scene, has the feel of a club in a western city with Asians in it than the other way around. But have been there before and seems even more "upmarket".

I suppose the quality is higher than what you get in Nana disco and obviously some well heeled types visit these discos and they are the target I imagine.

Lats visit was one night was a buck's night, a friend from Australia was there, first time in Thailand, his eyes were bulging out of his head at all the girls around. Real innocent type, left him talkingnto a couple of Thai girls. Next I saw of him was when one the girls he was with pulled up in her Merc outside the building with him in the passanger seat and drove him home.

With those absurd quoted prices, I would tend to go to the "model" places on ratchada where least you will know you will get good service...

I have been to CM2 a number of times and was actually quite unimpressed. It seemed to have the same type of girls that hard rock and nana disco have. The only difference is one will see a few girls (much higher quality and just better-looking) that one never sees at hard rock, nana disco, etc. But most of the girls are still isaan or dark-skin bkk girls as one finds in nana disco

I have never been to spasso (okay i am not a disco/bar type guy) but am wondering what type of hooker do you see?

Is it just much further upscale type looking girls (would be born in bkk) than CM2 and the type of girls one would not see at the "economy" venues or is it the same type of girl as CM2/nana who just adjust their prices accordingly? Curious if these are part-time hookers who spend their days at university and or office jobs (translating to the the type of girls you see on the sky train but wouldn't know she is a hooker) compared to the obvious looking full time hookers from the farm or having low level/blue collar jobs who are kept out of public view?

Cardinalblue

I haven't been to Spassos either but I remember a Soi 7 Beergarden girl telling me she went there first to try to sell the same thing for 5 times the price. I've been to Rivas (old overpriced hags), Hard Rock Cafe, CM2 and Q Bar and never seen anything remotely special to justify the hype (or the entry fees). Soi 33 is full of same sort of girls only wearing more clothes. I can't even see the attraction of the much worshipped Forte/Orbit/Caribbean girls. Spend ten times the time, money and effort for a (debatably) 20% better-looking girl? Hello... :rolleyes:

You get a lot of Thai girls that flit between SIN/HKG and places like Spasso/CM2. Many times I have seen in the past the same girls from likes of Top Ten in Singapore. Generally an older (late twenties, early thirties) crowd of girls, however most are well dressed, well made up and capable of speaking good English. I guess due to the travelling they have become more 'worldly' and less naive. But overall I'd agree that not worth the money.

Cheers

Spoke to one girl ion CM2 last trip. She had a normal job, used to have an Aussie boyfriend for two years and they split up. Now shes visits CM2 occaisionally and charges 3000 baht. Speaks good English, not really hard core, I think there are many like that in CM2.

Also Im sure a lot of normal girls go there as well, you see groups of them together or maybe with a couple of Thai guys - they ignore or reject advances from farang.

Also from girls point of view more of a chance of passing yourself off as a normal girl (non-hooker) if they happen to meet a wealthier farang who thinks he's just "picked up".

Nana is pretty blatant and in your face, CM2 gives you the impression your in a normal disco/club. I like that for a change every now and then. Also CM2 has quite a lot of white girls (both Russian hoookers and normal female tourists) which adds a bit of flavour to the mix. I remember going there with two Aussie girls when we were in Bangkok on a business trip - just happened to stay at Novotel Hotel, they suggested we all check out CM2, they just couldn't work the place out, new to Thailand - didnt realize half the girls were hookers, and wondered why no guys would even give them a second glance. I checked myself and acted innocent to it all but was having a good chuckle to myself behind there backs.

Archived