Age Difference and Your Children?

Torneyboy

The age difference caught up with me a bit today.

Our son likes ""our"" game of cricket..i guess as i watch it a lot and my wife also enjoys the game.

A school friend of his came over today and i was asked to go over to the school nets and bowl to them.

So off we go (30c +btw)..anyway spent nearly two hours with the three of us taking turns at bat and bowl...when i walked in the door my wife thought i had been run over by a bus

::

Helped me into the shower and spent the rest of the day on the sofa :D..she gave my several massages so not all bad.

But the age difference with my son is showing..no way i could do this every day.

You guys ?

how do you cope with a younger wife ...and children.?

Another slant could be embarrassment?

Hi,

One word: playstation :)

While we don't completely see eye to eye on the type of games (I like RPGs, he likes racing games), both of us really enjoy playing.

Guess it has helped bring us a bit closer. And I guess that the fact that our age difference isn't that great (23 years) helps as well.

Sanuk!

Maybe you need to re-evaluate your exercise and diet regimen. I have a friend that had a child in his late 50's and decided he did not want to be in a wheelchair when his kid graduates from high school. The guy was a smoker who couldn't run a quarter of a mile without collapsing. He quit smoking. The guy went on a serious exercise and diet routine with cardio and wieghtlifting. Got rid of all the fatty and crappy food. The guy is lean and trim now and added about 15 pounds in muscle. Amazing how having kids can motivate people.

hi,

Yes good idea as i sit at a desk all day.

Hard to get motivated however.

Having done all the outdoor sports with my sons when they were growing up ...now start again.

Not easy to go to the park and chase a ball around the place.

He will play soccer this winter so that should get rid of some energy :D

We are off to Vanautu today for a few days R&R i will take your advice after being on the beach relaxing ::

I have a friend that had a child in his late 50's

Sounds like my father. He's 55, and had a little girl who is now 5. He made the effort - eats well, excercises regularly etc and is now enjoying his newfound youth. I have honestly never seen him happier.

Bottom line: it's worth the effort TB.

Archived