Disturbing Phnom Pehn "Slave" Brothel Report-

jitagawn

bibblies said:

Hey, first world - this is simply the third world's struggle for money you're looking at! Only you don't remember what is was like when you didn't have it and what you had to go through to work your way up. If only these girls would go back to their back-breaking life of poverty in the country so we wouldn't hear anything more about them, eh?

Well if the girls all went back to the 50 baht a pop up-country ban-sao then falang who want to fuck them couldn't sit in Bangkok go-go bars pretending it isn't prostitution at all. :)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"President Bush declared in his inaugural address this week that "no one deserves to be a slave" and that advancing freedom is "the calling of our time."

Ugh!! hadn't read this one yet! Well in line with Kristoff's spirit...Guys pray the almighty there's enough mess with muslims to keep the dudes busy or you might soon get under fired if you screw third world hookers :help:

randomshots said:

"President Bush declared in his inaugural address this week that "no one deserves to be a slave" and that advancing freedom is "the calling of our time."

Ugh!! hadn't read this one yet! Well in line with Kristoff's spirit...Guys pray the almighty there's enough mess with muslims to keep the dudes busy or you might soon get under fired if you screw third world hookers :help:

Hey Bush could re-open the U-Thapao base. And maybe Subic Bay. That would solve the third world prostitution problem. :)

We shouldn't make fun of President Bush: his boys have been collecting data on who are sex tourist and who are not. Take this man seriously.

[color:"red"] [/color] Have you ever wondered why Customs, etc. sometimes ask leading questions as to why you spend so much time in Thailand? [/color]

And would you believe, some stupid people tell the Custom's agents they go to Thailand to fuck the women! After the person leaves, the Custom's agent goes over to his computer, adds more information into their database about that citizen, saves the data and then goes waits on the next customer.

[color:"white"] ....................... [/color] [color:"blue"] When their database gets large enough, what do you think they will do next? [/color]

[color:"white"] . . . . . . . [/color] :yay: [color:"white"] . . . . [/color] :yay:[color:"white"] . . . . [/color] :yay:[color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :yay: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :chili: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :yay: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :yay: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :yay: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :yay: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :yay: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :yay: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :yay: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :yay: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :yay: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :yay: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :yay: . . . . . [/color] :yay: [color:"white"] . . . . . [/color] :yay:

[color:"white"] . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . [/color] #5, stop looking at # 11's ass!

kamui said:

I don't believe it will ever happen. I hate to write anyone off, but I'm afraid that Srey Mom will remain in the brothel until she is dying of AIDS (36 percent of girls in local brothels have H.I.V., and eventually it catches up with almost all of them). I finally dared tell her my fear. I described some young women I had just seen, gaunt and groaning, dying of AIDS in Poipet, and I told her I feared she would end up the same way.

"I'm afraid of that, too," she replied, her voice breaking. "This is an unhappy life. I don't want to do this."

Maybe that's what I find saddest about Srey Mom: She is a wonderful, good-hearted girl who gives money to beggars, who offers Buddhist prayers for redemption - but who is already so broken that she seems unable to escape a world that she hates and knows is killing her.

President Bush declared in his inaugural address this week that "no one deserves to be a slave" and that advancing freedom is "the calling of our time." I can't think of a better place to start than the hundreds of thousands of girls trafficked each year, for this 21st-century version of slavery has not only grown in recent years but is also especially diabolical - it poisons its victims, like Srey Mom, so that eventually chains are often redundant.

Hear hear.

Looks like Rescue a Cambodian Sex Slave Week. Where should we send the donations? :o

Yes I'm being sarcastic but that?s because I never hear any practical solutions for problems in places like Poipet. It is all very well for a highly paid journalist like Mr. Kristof to get everybody worked up about it but what is he doing really? Basically he invested $200 in some poor girl?s life. Or so he says. He got well paid for it himself and left the girl confused and unhappy. So what?s the answer? More NGO?s? More garment factories? Stop single foreign males visiting the country? Stop Khmer males visiting the shacks? Birth control in rural Cambodia? Education? Send in the Marines? I would genuinely like to know. :(

I just checked on 'another' SE Asia type board and it seems Mr. Kristof has plans to solve the P4P problems in Cambodia and the rest of the world. The articles in the NYT are all part of an ongoing attack so we shall see what happens I guess.

"I can't think of a better place to start than the hundreds of thousands of girls trafficked each year..."

Hundreds of thousands! Oh boy. Could get interesting with Bush involved. Maybe he will build a new wing at the Whitehouse for basket-weaving. :)

Kudos KS (and good timing) for letting us discuss it!

Cent, BB

This debate, at least for me, has always been about BALANCE. Balancing , what I consider the two main values of NP. Keeping NP as open and un-pc as possible while at the same time not permitting to turn into a forum for heartless punters, blind to only their own self-gratification.

IMO, KS has done a terrific job juggling these two values and arriving at a balance that is pretty close to most punters liking. Its all about Sanuk between consenting adults.

Here's something off-topic, but related to our previous post

In one of those interesting side-notes of history its been discovered that during the War of Independence most of the personages that were hounded into Canada were more of the smart-ass, back-talking types and not the King George Loyalists as they are portrayed in the history books. While this was going on in America, across the big pond in a place called Stoke-on-Kent another interesting event was unfolding. Seems the general population had become fed up with a certain large group of beer loving whoremongers. A local councilor from Stoke-on-Kent claimed, ?We got every last one of the scoundrels?, (I have some of my own anecdotal evidence that that probably isn?t the case). They rounded them all up and placed them on a boat for Canada. These two divergent groups landed in Canada in the same town at the same time.

A Canadian Genealogist who was researching the lineages of Jim Carey, Dan Aykroyd, John Candy, Mike Meyers, etc, etc (Too many to name) made the amazing discovery that all of their families originated from the same town in Canada, the very same town that the smarty-mouth Loyalists and Stoke-on-Kent whoremongers settled when they first arrived in Canada over 200 yrs ago. Can?t remember the name of the town but I do remember it was an Eskimo word which loosely translated as BARFINE.

Another interesting tidbit is that no professional athlete has ever had their lineage traced to this town??

Happy shoveling

It seems this debate keeps changing form. Is it "are most, if not all, pro's in Cambodia slaves", or, should we be allowed to write about", or "are those who partake evil", or what.

It seems to me that, in the end, this should always come down to freedom of expression. It is perfectly wonderful for all to have their opinions on each of these issues, and all concerned should be able to write and read, and share in this information.

Therefore, posters should ABSOLUTELY be able to share their experiences in Cambo, and others should ABSOLUTELY be able to write back telling them and others that they were doing wrong (in a semi-polite way for all concerned) I don't believe in censorship in any form. For those who want the services of underage sex slaves, they will find them whether or not the info is posted. Those who find the prospect disgusting will continue to feel this way, even after reading a trip report (which nobody forces them to do) And, for those who are ignorant of what is going on down there, the information could help keep them from making a mistake they will live to regret.

As long as it is made clear that the board itself does not promote or condone this illegal activity (although we DO condone and support the illegal activity of prostitution in Thailand) and we don't turn into a haven for pedo's (which I think the mod's can prevent) then a free flow of ideas and information HAS to be better than its opposite.

Archived