Movie Sequels that Didn't Work

Torneyboy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sayjann said:

i liked 'Meet The Parents'.

De Niro was funny and of course had a slight Thailand link.

thought about seeing the sequel but not a huge Cinema goer.

i go and see the big Films but wait until the smaller Films come on Cable or DVD.

Anyone else watch this and lose a bit of respect for De Niro? Previously, I'd thought of him as the sort of actor who pays attention to every detail but his Thai accent was terrible!

no loss of respect from me.

in a recent poll on Channel 5(i think)De Niro was voted 2nd in the list of all time Actors/Actresses.

Pacino was 1st.

but to me De Niro is better then Pacino because he tries different roles.

De Niro has played comedy in Midnight Run and the Meet The Parents Films.

of course he will always be known for the dramatic roles but at least he tries other genre.

Pacino to me seems typecasted and rarely plays a lighter role.

as for his Thai accent,probably better then mine and was it really important he had a good accent?.

Hi

From todays paper in Oz.

Robert De Niro has confirmed he is in talks with Martin Scorsese about a sequel to The Taxi Driver.

The legendary actor who starred as crazed cabbie Travis Bickle in the gritty 1976 master piece says they have been discussing ideas for the script.

The reunion would help boost De Niros film credits after his reputation has been dented with fluffy films like Analyze This and meet The Flockers :D

De Niro's getting a bit lazy, I feel, and has recently played to the same character stereotype at least as much as Pacino (e.g. Analyse This/That, Shark Tale).

In Meet The Parents, I thought that it was odd for his character to speak in Thai at all just to book a holiday but, having established that he knew enough to do this, have a terrible accent. If the character had learned that much Thai, surely he knew about tones, etc! But De Niro just couldn't be arsed, could he?

Now I can't trust any of his accents for authenticity!

It's like this for any subject you know enough about. Any movie scene with computers is wrong for me and, I suppose, you must be annoyed that it seems to be a Hollywood doctor priority to always take out the bullet first (I heard that this is the last thing on the mind of real doctors dealing with gunshot wounds)...

Archived