Look who is talking too

Superman 2

Robo Cop 2

The list goes on...you guys?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lusty said:

When a really good movie is made I don't know why they flog it to death with crap sequels and which also tends to fuck up the original.Take Jaws for instance.

All you gotta do is remember the biggest whores in the world reside in Hollywood.

Jurasic Park 2-3

Batman 2-3-4-?

Bada :: Bing

Hi,

"But here are some crappy sequels for ya: The two towers and Return of the king - boring sequels to a soso movie. "

You're kidding right? Either that or you are totally not into fantasy :)

I thought all parts (especially the extended versions (thanks Dean for bringing me the last one)) were brilliant.

Sanuk!

The Color of Money was made some 26 years after The Hustler. I thought it was a good movie. Interestingly, Martin Scorsese originally thought about making this movie in black and white like the original. In addition to winning the Academy Award for best actor for his performance in this movie, Paul Newman taught Tom Cruise how to act.

French Connection 2 wasn't bad as I remember. Like in the Godfather series, Superman 2 was arguably better than the first. And most Star Wars fans cite Empire Strikes Back as being the best film of the series. Ring 2 wasn't too bad after Ring 1 and The Good, The Bad and The Ugly was the best of the Sergio Leone/Clint spaghetti westerns so there are lots of exceptions. Recently, Spiderman 2 was as good as Spiderman 1 (though I wonder how they're going to do a '3' since everyone seems to know who he is now!)

I saw Matrix Reloaded for the first time the other week and thought that was a candidate for the worst sequel.

Generally I love lots of movie beginnings and middles (I find them intriguing) but it's very rare that a movie knows how to end with the same style. The starts of movies such as Eyes Wide Shut, House of Games and Collateral were unusual and really got me interested but they descended disappointingly into cliche and anti-climax. Movies with decent endings? Memento, Empire Strikes Back, The Usual Suspects, Goodfellas...

I thought Lord of the Rings 2 and 3 were crap too. Not enough goodie deaths, for a start. In 20 years time I think we'll be wondering what all the fuss was about...

Another subject: why are there so many car chases in movies? Have you ever seen a car chase in a book? :dunno:

Archived