Alternative venues for EPL in Bangkok?

Palatkik

Pretty much everywhere airs EPL. With girls or without?

Try The Londoner if looking for a venue similar to Gulliver's (no freelancers tho'). Hare & Hounds in Washington Square has a big screen. Any go-go will have it on...

This is an easy task, unless you have some unstated requirements!

Cheers,

SD

For those of us whose teams have known better times and are currently languishing in the foothills of the 'Coca Cola Championship' (aka 2nd division) - but not for long! Get your bets on the Makems for automatic promotion to weekly live TV appearances! - all is not lost. There are at least 2 bars, the Londoner and Wall Street (both Soi 33) - and probably Chequers now in Soi 4 - who have a South African satellite link and regularly broadcast live CCC games. Only thing is most of the games broadcast live are 7.45 pm kick offs in the UK - off the radar here - BUT the lunchtime Sunday game kicks off at 7 or 8 pm Bangkok time, before the Premier games.

Personally, I would recommend the Londoner, though you might not get the commentary, because they also do an excellent Sunday roast buffet dinner for under B400. Sunderland's 2 appearances so far have both resulted in 2-0 wins which makes for a nice end to the weekend.

That's good news, SD, I really thought they had just had enough and cashed in to finance a quiet life of luxury somewhere. The wife, whose name escapes me, really knew her football and I liked the fact that they never employed anyone cute enough to distract you from the football! Good grub too!! Mind you, I had one of the worst nights of me life there when we lost the playoff final 7-6 on penalties after drawing 4-4 with Charlton.

Does Nobby Piles/Roger Crutchley watch the games there because he was always in the Cowboy branch and I've not seen him around since I came 'home'?

Crutch has been known to be found on the Square, but I have not been to H&H enough times to note his presence. Interesting to note that they bring the big screen TV outside for the really big matches cuz the bar is only one shophouse wide!

For those of you who know the Square, H&H took over one half of the now defunct Prince of Wales (PoW) bar. The remaining half is for sale/let, but be very wary if interested as I know the owner and she is a scammer extraordinaire.

Cheers,

SD

Archived