Adult/Sexually Explicit Site ????

Hamokhamok

Question::: Would you think this site is an Adult/Sexually Explicit Site ??????

I have to day been advised re my Internet Usage at work and this site, which I look at everyday, has been listed as Adult/Sexually Explicit.

I believe this site to be a Forum. I have yet to see anything Sexually Explicit except maybe the Trip Reports.

Do you agree that this site should be catorgised as Adult/Sexually Explicit.

Would welcome your views on this.

Anyway I won't be using it in work anymore.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it is up to your network administrator or the bosses to decide the policy for what the company considers Adult/Explicit.

I personally don't consider it to be in that category but I also don't know your company's policy on Internet usage.

It is blocked by URL software at work and listed as sexually explicit, how does this work? It is automatic and also blocks adult education sites due to the word adult, wine merchants come up as use of drugs etc. You can unblock sites of course but I can hardly ask them to do that. Other sites are not blocked, strangely bbargirlreview comes through as does nanapong, stickman etc. What does this site have they they don't, am I missing something?-peter

my previous work LAN blocked many sites across a range of subjects from political, high bw media, sex, explicit etc.

however NP was one that was NOT blocked, while e.g. bangkoktonite was!

it's all random out there LOL.

mostly it's probably about how well known or trigger happy a site is to get filtered out, so tough luck!

It could be that it was blocked so time could be spent working instead of reading what is on this site. The site could have been blocked as an easier way of saying that you should spend your time working.

Employers monitor their employees and one thing they sometimes check is: are they working all the time or are they doing other things? This info is generally used during the review period.

If you are working at a place in which you have some type of security clearance, what you look at during work, over the internet, would be taken seriously.

what about making personal calls, long luch breaks, coming in late, going home early, using lesson time to prepare lessons? Don't lets single out internet misuse, work should be more interesting then employees would not aviod it every chance they get. I'm certain you have never done any of the above :D

Blocking Sites - Now thats an interesting side to this problem.

These sites are not blocked - why I wonder - maybe the bosses are accessing them ???

What type of software is used to catagorise sites ??

Is it done by some individual in the IT section or is there people out there supplying this catogorising to the IT people.

One site was www.hri.ie and it was shown as GAMBLING. Well this site is Hore Racing Ireland but you cannot gamble from within the site.

One other site was one dealing with LOGOS but it too was wronly catagorised.

I intend asking around in my work place about how 'our' system works.

I also intend telling the IT people that they have some of their information all wrong.

Archived