Do I pay for her ticket

DWS

Thanks for the reply,

I like your idea of paying with a credit card. Do you mean that if I pay for the ticket with CC she cannot cash it in?

Perhaps I am better to pay for all the ticket and she pays the other costs. E.g. I think the visa application is about 4,000 Bt.

Cheers,

DWS

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HSTEACH,

K-1 takes 4 to 8 months (mainly, some cases can take longer but not most)...It has for several of my friends. I base this on their experience! P4P does play a role in the K-1 status...It states it on the form...your infromation seems off here! I speak from experience of about 6 or 7 friends. Not all married thai but most did!

SkiBum

DWS said:

Thanks for the reply,

I like your idea of paying with a credit card. Do you mean that if I pay for the ticket with CC she cannot cash it in?

Perhaps I am better to pay for all the ticket and she pays the other costs. E.g. I think the visa application is about 4,000 Bt.

Cheers,

DWS

Yes you pay on CC..you the purchaser gets any refund back onto the cc used.

Moral turpitude IS a disqualifier for any visa, including the K-1, but one can file a I-601 waiver with the USCIS, which approved, allows even a lady of the evening to come to the US on a K-1.

I did go back and check processing times for a I-129F, and the shortest time is through the Vermont Service Center, the longest through the TSC. Given the interview wait time in BKK was backed up three months, as of November 04, it seems the current average for a K-1 is about 5- 9 months. Much shorter than a K-3 ( marriage ) which is approaching a year's wait.

Thanks...

So the 4 to 8 statement is mainly right! It is not the 1 to 2 years MM seems to think!

That was my point! MM needs to think...and think so more, maybe a little more, wait-think some more...then post!

SkiBum

"I'm not trying to be a cheap charlie here, just wanting to be sure the attraction to her is me, not a all expenses paid holiday to another country."

Your lack of self-esteem is showing through as well as too much time spent reading forums about rip-off Thai women.

Find a life and quit reading stickman reader submissions.

TH

DWS,

Since you ask our opinions I'll chime in my own.

I think it's a bit early on in the "relationship" to be springing for airplane tix, unless of course you have money to burn and it doesn't really matter much to you. I'd wait to do this until you have once again been to Thailand to see her and see if things are ready to progress to a higher level. I'd use this attempt of hers to go to your home country to see how much she really wants to see you. Does she have/can she get a visa to your country easily? It isn't always easy for a single Thai woman to get a visa really on short notice. Personally I would wait to see what transpires the next time you visit Thailand and see her. Knowing her only two weeks in person, and by telephone and e-mail for a while, I'd say it is a bit premature to be buying her plane tix as yet. Just my thoughts. I'd say wait, and see what develops during your June/July trip over. She can always come later. If you want to help her out with the tix then, fine. I know, you miss her and want to see her sooner and miss the great sex and the pretty exotic lady. :) All said and done though it is totally up to you if you can afford to do this. I would advise though that you put the tix on a credit card, and have her pay you what she was going to put in toward the price of the tickets herself. I would advise against doing this any other way, such as sending her the money Western Union or through direct deposit into her bank account. It's not a certainty, but scams abound and once the money is in the hands of another all sorts of delays and problems can arise which would lead to much disappointment on your part. Play it safe, and take it slow and easy. No sense in getting hurt, either financially or emotionally. Kapish?

Cent

TH,

"Your lack of self-esteem is showing through as well as too much time spent reading forums about rip-off Thai women.

Find a life and quit reading stickman reader submissions."

That's a bit harsh and presumptuous don't you think? ("Find a life"?) He's right to be wary wouldn't you say? He's showing some good sense and asking advice from some people here who may be able to help him make a better informed decision. I see no reason to be rude or condescending to the guy. And besides, I send submissions to Stickman's reader column. :: :D It is not all horror stories about bad Thai girls there. There are plenty of good submissions there, and plenty of good advice there at times within these submissions. One that comes to mind was about touring Isaan by mountain bicycle. Very informative and interesting and amusing some of Stick's reader submissions can be.

Cent

"That's a bit harsh and presumptuous don't you think?"

Nah, don't think it was too harsh and certainly not presumptuous or condescending. Rude, maybe. You gave good common sense advice, but shouldn?t he have been able to figure that out by himself? It ain?t exactly rocket science after all.:dunno:

I am just constantly amazed at how many guys write wondering if the girl really loves them or are they just after the money. I have wondered why you have such a soft spot for these guys. You should certainly understand how hard it is to separate love and money in Asia and the how the games westerners try to play to do so are in vain and usually end up destroying the relationship.

In my mind, you either make the commitment or you don?t.

TH

Archived