What is the correct valuation for a barfine?

bibblies

As terronova says, is a tight-rope walk. All comes down to how much revenue a girl can generate in the bar, per hour, through lady drinks, and her ability to have punters suck-them-up. If she is a big draw, then the last thing you want to see, is her being barfined. You'll make much more on drinks, than the 300 baht per 2-4 hours you get, for her leaving.

There is no *correct valuation*. It all depends on the girl. And such, connot be connected to any 'science'. When she has a regular come to see her, she is a gold mine, having him sit in the bar all day buying drinks, and then eventualy paying barfine. If she goes through a 'dry spell', then just lucky she can carry her own weight.

And is why some bars allow freelancers to frequent. Even Rainbow bars in Nana, believe it or not. Some girls are such a draw, that's it predictable to what they will bring in, through lady drinks, and guaranteed eventual barfine. They can come, and go, as they please. I know this for a fact.

But there is a balance. All girl's barfined will equate to almost no drink sales. So is that enough to substain you? Depends on the amount of girl's you have, what your barfine price is, and what your minimum take is, to stay alive financially for the night. ????? The idea of a barfine has historically been to pay the girl's wages with. And quota's will insure that happening, and why they are in place there.

Ever notice that minimum quota's approximate a b'g's salary? ;)

HT

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer a few of you questions:

Freelancers are trouble. They come in at the most opportune times and take customers away from the full time working girls. They then have no allegiance to the bar (or go-go) and can disappear for days on end. The reality is that they disappear with the customer who may otherwise drink in your bar.

As to how many drinks a girl can "sell" by being in a bar. You'd be amazed at how often a guy will be attracted to a girl enough to sit at my bar and then ignore her and talk to another girl. Also, a bar with many girls working will attract more customers.

A few of the above posts seem to be fixated on STs and multiple STs in a day. That does not happen outside of Cobra Gold. Most girls only get LTs and somewhere between 5 and 25 a month. I don't have any quotas.

On the subject of circumventing barfines. I can tell if a girl is not interested in being barfined on a particular night. She may have her period for example. If I suspect that she is deliberately avoiding talking to customers or getting herself noticed, then I will talk to her. If it is because she wants to meet a certain guy who will not pay the barfine then she is in trouble and will potentially lose her job. If she works well and goes out to a disco or whatever later then that's her business. If it affects her work, then it is my business.

Very few girls understand how their bosses make money. They cannot see the correlation between selling beer and paying their salaries. You can tell them, but the majority are too stupid to understand. I don't mean uneducated, I really mean too stupid.

BB said: "But where do you draw the line between barkeeping and pimping ?"

Redbaron said: "IMO 33 or 133baht (b4 10pm) doesn't equate to pimping. Maybe if the barfine was 500+ then he could be accused of 'pimping'."

IMO punters are the ones taking the girls and actually sticking their dicks in them. The bar owner is giving the girl a job and not sticking his dick in them (no more than punters do it anyway). So if there is a moral question, it should be answered by the punter about what he is doing before the bar owner has to answer questions about simply owning a bar and hiring girls to work there.

Also, I don't see how the amount of the bar fine matters: 100 baht or 10,000 baht, its still the punters who are doing the deed with the girls so they have more to answer.

BB said: "But where do you draw the line between barkeeping and pimping ?"

Redbaron said: "IMO 33 or 133baht (b4 10pm) doesn't equate to pimping. Maybe if the barfine was 500+ then he could be accused of 'pimping'."

Reminds me of this joke of the guy approaching a girl and asks if she would sleep with him for a million dollars.

After her positive reply, he asks if she would do so for $ 50, to which she asks why.

Guy replies that its already established that she is a hooker, now he was only negotiating the price......

So, it does not matter if the BF is 1 or 1000 Bt, it would still have to be named the same.

But I noticed torrenova did not reply to my question, so case closed.

BB

Hi,

the question if a barowner is a pimp or not must be answered with - up to him. But he's not more pimp than a restaurant owner where you can barfine the waitresses or the cook. Friend of GF works in a Beach Rd restaurant in Pattaya. Last trip GF asked me to barfine her so she could stay with us in the evening. Normal barfine in that restaurant is 500 baht, but if the girl barfines herself it's just 200 so that was I gave to her. Is that barowner a pimp? - surely he doesn't think so.

elef

BTW, noticed in my thai lady friend's bar that she now has girls working "outside" bar. I didn't have time to ask her about the conditions for those girls, so I had to interview the girls. They don't have any salaries, but get a bigger part of the barfine. How much they get from ladies' drinks or if they get percentage of beers I don't know.

Outside - they are physically located outside the bar also.

:beer:

BB

You know what I really like about this board? Its the extremely high level of dillusion.LOVE IT... OF COURSE he is not a pimp-its more like a beer with the ladies from the local civic group-Silly you hes not making enough money to be called a pimp.- :: ::Now we know

Flame on knuckles. ::

Not this pimp crap again.

So, I own a bar and pay salaries to hostesses/waitresses/whatever. Their job is to get punters to buy drinks. It's a bar.

A girl wants to leave early with a guy, thus I will lose her services that I pay salary for.

To compensate me someone must pay, so the nice guy pays a small amount.

They leave, go to dinner, dancing, whatever.

I am not with them and I am not involved.

Later, they decide mututally to sleep together somewhere.

He pays her for this, capitalism betwen consenting adults.

Where's the debate?

Archived