What is the correct valuation for a barfine?

bibblies

From another thread,

torrenova said:

.. I told her that I was in business to sell beer, not girls. She did it again that night so I sacked her ...

This has got me thinking: What is the correct valuation for a barfine?

For you bar-owners out there, what is the proper compensation value to the bar? There's got to be a rough calculation, involving number of girls left in the bar, prettiness quotient, night of the week, time the bar-fine is paid, number of hours the girl is likely to be gone, etc.

Really, bar-fines shouldn't be set at a constant price. For example, there's got to be a level at which you don't want more bar-fines paid because it would leave too few girls in the bar. And how can a bar-fine paid for a stunning, bring-em-in, girl at 8.00PM be priced the same as one paid minutes before closing for an average mouse?

There's got to be a whole science in there...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is.....read sticks last entry.

140 barfines in one night, in one bar in Nana, for a record.

Do the math. Boss Hog can retire well. It's not all for nothing!

HT

My barfines are Bt300 before 10pm and Bt200 after 10pm.

I pay my girls Bt3500 per month which equates to Bt117 per day. The girl gets Bt50 from the barfine.

So, if I receive a Bt200 barfine, I make Bt33 (200-50-117). Hardly a fortune is it ? Even if I get the early barfine of Bt300, I make Bt133. Still not a lot is it ?

So, the reality is this. I don't care whether girls get barfined. In fact, I would probably prefer that they did not.

The girls have to help the bar and at the same time, they can help themselves. If they drink at the bar they get a ladydrink and get Bt20 for each one. I make money and they make money. If they want to fuck off out with their punter, they make nothing and I make nothing. The good girls are the ones who drink in the bar a little before going for a fuck.

In the future, barfines will go up - they have to because in beer bars, the barfine just about covers the girls salary and does not compensate the owner for the loss of profits the girl could generate for the bar by attracting additional punters in for a drink.

I sacked the girl in question for 2 reasons:

1. She was asking more than the beer bar average and as such, should have discussed this with the punter.

2. She was doing a runner after stating long time.

All the punters who she fucked and fucked off, no longer drank in my bar. I lost money through her actions, looking out only for herself. How much I lost is unquantifiable but some owners just think its good to get a girl barfined. it is if the barfine is Bt600 to Bt1000. At Bt200 it is not.

Torre,

Just out of curiousity, you call yourself a businessman and you own various bars.

I have no doubt in my mind that all you say is true.

But where do you draw the line between barkeeping and pimping ?

I know we had this discussion before, but I am just interested in your opinion.

Its a vicious circle is it not ? Without the girls you would have no customers in the bars (cfr your above posts), but you still pay and make money from the girls going out the bar to fuck customers.

And without the bars, no girls.....

BB

So if the girl is reasonably hard-working and does 2 bar-fines a day (one early, one late) and is gone from the bar for a total of 4 hours then that's Bt283 to you versus lost revenue in beer profit attributed (somehow) to the presence of that girl. How many beers does a girl have to sell to make that?

We're working on pretty low barfines in your case as well. For the same situation in most NEP bars it'd be, say, Bt1000 profit from 2 barfines minus the girl's daily salary costs (Bt200?). That'd be Bt800 versus her ability to make the equivalent in beer profit in the time she's away (4 hours?). Would she normally clear Bt800 of beer profit in that time? Of course, she probably wouldn't have the same enthusiasm to concentrate on selling drinks for 4 hours as she would for making her money from external activities. So there's a natural limit to a girl's beer-selling revenue too...

rickfarang said:

"But where do you draw the line between barkeeping and pimping ?"

Sounds like a mild flame to me. Do we really need this?

No, we don't, I agree. I'd rather concentrate on the economics that I'm curious about. That's why I started the thread, not to get side-tracked on some moral discussion. Take that elsewhere please, BB.

The proper valuation of a bar fine: In an efficent matket, its much as the owner can get and as little as the custmer car get away with.

I wish sometimes it would be like that, more responsive to supply and demand. It's madness having barfines at pretty much the same level for every girl, at every bar, in every situation...

rickfarang said:

"But where do you draw the line between barkeeping and pimping ?"

Sounds like a mild flame to me. Do we really need this?

Rickfarang,

Absolutely not the idea, and sorry to Torrenova if it comes over like that.

Just a genuine question from my part.

bibblies said:

No, we don't, I agree. I'd rather concentrate on the economics that I'm curious about. That's why I started the thread, not to get side-tracked on some moral discussion. Take that elsewhere please, BB.

bibblies,

Just the economics ? but both are intertwined and depending on each other.

Let Torrenova then only reply on the economics of barkeeping with girls then, same - same....

BB

Don't think it's really relevant, since Torrenova says he isn't making real money unless the girls stay in the bar. He's only making 33 or 133baht if the girl gets barfined, I imagine he'd make more money selling beer with the girls help - in the bar.

IMO 33 or 133baht (b4 10pm) doesn't equate to pimping. Maybe if the barfine was 500+ then he could be accused of 'pimping'.

Archived