England needs Scholes?

bibblies

bibblies said:

Sorry mate, your time has gone (and about time too! ::).

Surprise: My time has not really startet jet! :elephant::chili::yay:

And I bet you a Barfine, that we will go further in the tournament than you guys will - I'll take it, that you will be there at all! :neener: GO POLSKA GO! :applause:

MaW :beer:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have the luck of the draw like you did in the world cup in 02 then sure you willl.....

Group stages Germany : ROI, Cameroon and Saudi Arabia

Group stages England : Sweden, Argentina, Nigeria.

Round two Germany : Paraguay

Round two England : Denamrk

Qtr Germany : USA (!)

Qtr England : Brazil :(

Semis Germany : Korea

Final : Brazil

Bit of a difference there me thinks, I think England would of got to the final had we had the German run in

You have a point there, but what would you suggest we should have done? Ask Mr. Blatter to redraw the groups?

If you want to win a tournament like this, you have to win (almost) ALL games, regardless of the opponent!

And what about our "Luck" in 1954, 1966 (that was NEVER a goal!), 1970, 1974 and 1990.

Just compare the placements of all WC-Tournaments of your team and mine - was this all just LUCK?

BTW: I consider our side now much stronger and with a much more modern system than our side in 2002.

Looking foreward to a great competition - lets just hope that the hools (yours and ours and the ones of our dutch friends) can be tamed or locked away!

Have a great day

MaW

66 was over the line :-P

I'm not saying there is anything you could of done about it, just that you had a lucky run. England do not seem to get those sort of breaks....

And the whole point of this discussion isn't about the Germany of the past, who undoubtedly were a great team (except for that bloke Schumacher in 82). The point is that Germany and German footballers in general are a thing of the past....

The point is that Germany and German footballers in general are a thing of the past....

I think you guys are underestimating those German boys, probably because most of them play in their home country and not a famous club abroad.

They may not be famous or well-known but they surely can kick a ball.

I wish my nation had half the mentality and discipline most German players have on the pitch.

Zaad said:

I wish my nation had half the mentality and discipline most German players have on the pitch.

Well, add some of your guys imagination and virtuosity (is there such a word??) and we would have an unbeatable team!

Looking foreward to all of your teams in Krautland 2006, we will have a great football-fiesta!

MaW

Smart thing to do Chelseafan. I gambled a bit semi professionally several years ago. Sports gambling. And one of the first things I learn is not bet on your favorite teams. If you do bet the game, bet against them. But its best to stay away. Emotion and betting is throwing away money. The funny thing is, one seems to know when their favorite team will not play well. Its an opportunity to make money.

I haven't figured out football yet though. I won't try to as well. I knew basketball and gridirion (American football) and kept it at that.

What do you think of the fine and penalty imposed on Chelsea and Mourinho? A few of the Blues supporters I know think its harsh.

Archived