I saw a Motorhead concert last week

UAL875

Yes I did. Man alive, it?s got to be at least 15 years since I last saw Lemmy and the gang on stage. And what a surprise to even attend this show. I needed to go to NY last week to take care of personal matters when out of the blue an old mate from back home emailed me while I was still in Tokyo. Rang him up and he casually mentions toward the end of our conversation that Motorhead is on tour. What? Really? Where? He was surprised at my enthusiasm but the reality is Lemmy is a fucking legend and even if he is as hard as nails the fucker is going to turn sixty this year ? how many more Love me Like a Reptiles remain inside him? Found out that my schedule permitted me to take the 2-hour drive to Philly and catch ?em at a place called the Trocadero. BUY THE TICKETS NOW! My friend did and we went.

What a great decision. During the entire set I was a teenager again. Motorhead was loud, fun and shockingly tight. Tight ? who would have thought? But this is the longest standing lineup they?ve had. And the set was a thing of beauty. Sure the Motorheads have a new album to promote and could easily of loaded the evening with songs from Inferno. No way. From the opening Dr. Rock to the endless feedback which finished off Overkill the glorious past was revisited over and over like my favorite Soi Cowboy ho. Shit, they played Stay Clean, Killed by Death, Ace of Spades, Iron Fist, Metropolis and a whole bunch of other shit that I cannot remember. But what I will not forget was the inclusion of two songs from the underrated Another Perfect Day album ? Shine and Dancing on Your Grave. And of course Lemmy was his brilliant self all evening ? when introducing one of the tracks from Another Perfect Day, the crowd cheered extra loud prompting him to state ? ?Where were you guys when this album was released 20 years ago?? Classic. Well if all the aforementioned isn?t good enough to sell you on this concert, the kicker was the acoustic Whorehouse Blues featuring Lemmy on harmonica. Yes, harmonica folks. Singing a blues song. Now I have seen everything.

Well what more can I say that hasn?t been said. A brilliant evening. I know there are a few Motorhead fans ? closet or otherwise - on this board. If you can catch up with them on this go-around by all means do so ? you will not regret it. Dead men tell no tales. Or as Lemmy would say, ?Dead men smell toenails?.

Hi,

Oh, man, now I am really envious.

Would have loved to have seen that, never did see them in concert.

Also not aware they had a new album out, will be checking that out soon.

Friend of mine met Lemmy years ago (15 or so) in London. They spoke a bit and according to my friend Lemmy is a really nice guy in person. No attitude at all.

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

My mate met him a few times as grew up in Lemmys hometown, Llandudno, Wales, Lemmy worked at the Hotpoint (washing machines)factory I think he said!

Hi guys? I was fortunate to have met Lemmy and Fast Eddie at different times in the 1980s. Fast Eddie was a sweetheart, Lemmy very cool. Never came close to Lil? Philty which, in retrospect, was probably a good thing?

The Motorhead lineup these days is Lemmy, Phil Campbell on guitar and Mickey Dee on drums. Mr. Dee also plays acoustic guitar on the Whorehouse Blues track I alluded to in the earlier post.

Yesterday I was analyzing the remaining North American tour dates with a coworker and we were kinda amazed at some of the gigs lined up for Western Canada during April. Small towns of under 10,000 people scheduled for bars that can?t possibly hold more than 500 souls. Very tempting to make the flight over to the Yukon?

:yeahthat:

I met Lemmy in Notting Hill a few times when I lived there briefly in the 1980s. His local pub was also my local. A very nice, gentle, intelligent geezer. He was also unbelievably skilled at Space Invaders. :applause:

Only met Philthy Phil Taylor :clown: once or twice. He's Welsh as well, I seem to recall ? from Cardiff? He was (is?) a wild man for the Jack Daniels and whizz powder, a very, erm, unpredictable chap. :doah: He ended up living with and almost marrying a French psychology student (!) bird :hubba: I went out with for a while in London, trivia fans. I wonder what he's doing now. :rolleyes:

Good to hear Lemmy's still rocking. :bow: Should've remembered him in that "Who's Cool" thread. :up:

jack :help:

Great great great!!!!!

You know, that i'm maybe the biggest Motörhead Fan in Switzerland.

(thanks again for the calendar)

This year is the 30th Years Anniversary with a lot of special Concerts around Europe this fxxx. summer! I will be there!

(saw the band since 1979 about 20 times ::)

Motörhead kicks your ass! Motörhead is the best Rock 'n' Roll Band on this planet

for ever!

:beer: :beer: :banghead::beer: :beer:

Archived