New Cigaret Packs with Disgusting Color Images

danish30

Hi,

Did anyone notice the new pics on cigaret packs? I just saw them today, looks pretty disgusting ::

I do remember some talk about it a year or so ago, but I thought they would drop it, apparently I was wrong.

Do find it a bit hypocritical though that the state makes quite a lot of money on cigaret taxes, and at the same time pretends to care about smokers health.

I bet cigaret cases are going to be very popular in Thailand ::

And by the way, I am a smoker :o

Regards,

Thats the same with Governments worldwide.....we've (UK) just had our annual budget and the chancellor puts another 4p on a pack of ciggies...its an easy money making machine, he spouts about health but I wonder what the state of the econmy would be like if everyone gave up.

Incidentally did you know that 75% of roll-your-own tobacco is smuggled into the UK......Can't think why when it cost £5 for a 25g (1oz in old money) for Golden Virginia but in belgian it costs £2 !!!

danish30 said:

Hi,

Did anyone notice the new pics on cigaret packs? I just saw them today, looks pretty disgusting ::

I do remember some talk about it a year or so ago, but I thought they would drop it, apparently I was wrong.

Do find it a bit hypocritical though that the state makes quite a lot of money on cigaret taxes, and at the same time pretends to care about smokers health.

I bet cigaret cases are going to be very popular in Thailand ::

And by the way, I am a smoker :o

Regards,

We've had full color pics including lung cancer, brain disease , bad teeth etc... Here in canada for at least 10 years. Before that it was just written warnings.

I think the anti-smoking advertisements are required to cover something like %50 of the packs container.

To All,

here in NZ, they're debating putting these on our cig packets.

Annoys the hell out of me, we all know that smoking isn't the best thing you can do for your health.

But it's legal!

Why don't they put gruesome carcrash scenes on liquor labels?

Pictures of beaten women on Rugby or Rugby League jerseys?

Graphic representations of heart disease on dairy products or MacDonalds?

I don't mind education about heath risks, but it's either legal or it isn't.

Billy Connoly was recently in NZ and he asked several people where a tobacconist was, he got reactions that were dissaproving. His response: "Fuck off! it's legal!"

Cheers

Coss

I smoke a brand that is one of the first to comply with the new standard.

The worst picture so far is the black lung picture ... although girls seem to be more mortified by a picture of an old hag.

The pack is definitely a conversation starter with the gals ....

hypcritical is when you smoke multiple packs for many years and sue the tobacco companies and win millions of dollars - only in America ...

<< hypcritical is when you smoke multiple packs for many years and sue the tobacco companies and win millions of dollars - only in America ... >>

However, the American tobacco companies did spend big bucks trying to find ways to make cigarettes even more addictive. That is sort of dirty pool. Can you imagine the liquor companies spending money to find better ways to turn people into alcoholics?

::

They would if they could. I'm speaking as someone in the Beers wines and spirits area....a typical example is that Gordons gin ABV (Alcohol by Volume) in the UK is 37.5%, the continent has crept up to 47%. The brewers (Diageo) would love to bring the UK in line, however our taxes are measured by %age alcohol, so essentailly if they did that then the price of Gin would go soaring. It's not that they dont WANT to its a case of not alleniateing their current customers who might find the higher ABV too much too stomach.

This applies to all spirits above 22% ABV - so pretty much everything...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived